GMC or Chevy Grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FA31

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark me down for the Chevy grille.

Years ago when I was looking to buy a 2 Door, this guy had a nice Yukon for sale.

I wouldn’t touch it, he was dumbfounded. He kept telling me they were the same, I told him I knew that, but I want a Chevy, not a GMC.

He said just change the grille, of course then I pointed out the steering wheel, and he said change it too.

Nope! I would always know.

Not that I have a couple of Tahoes, I’d definitely buy a Yukon, but wasn’t having it to begin with.

I turned 16 in 96, I had a Tahoe, that’s what I wanted & I’m still partial to that damn bow tie.

Never like the GMC grille, but I get it that some people prefer them.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'd be dumbfounded too. Don't even need to change the wheel, just the airbag. And exterior badging if you want to be ****. I prefer the GMC grille myself, but have zero issues with having one on a Chevy or vice versa.

NorthState

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mark me down for the Chevy grille.

Years ago when I was looking to buy a 2 Door, this guy had a nice Yukon for sale.

I wouldn’t touch it, he was dumbfounded. He kept telling me they were the same, I told him I knew that, but I want a Chevy, not a GMC.

He said just change the grille, of course then I pointed out the steering wheel, and he said change it too.

Nope! I would always know.

Not that I have a couple of Tahoes, I’d definitely buy a Yukon, but wasn’t having it to begin with.

I turned 16 in 96, I had a Tahoe, that’s what I wanted & I’m still partial to that damn bow tie.

Never like the GMC grille, but I get it that some people prefer them.
I still need to change the bow tie airbag to the GMC one in mine!:doh2:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I’ll be honest. My 98 GMC was a better truck. Much better optioned, that is.