GM TopKick Instrument Cluster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
The gauge bezel has all the idiot light in the top area above the gauge cluster and PNRD is on floor or column. Not to sure on the technical behind the gauge could be plug and play or could be a project. Hope this helps someone out thinking about this swap.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
All information is helpful here! I'm thinking about down the road if I ever buy another pre '91 truck. Probably easier to chance upon one of these clusters than the one made from unobtainium.
You can likely repin the harness itself without chopping anything.
Which harness, the one for the HVAC? Trouble there is with reference voltage. Somewhere else deep in the dash it is stepped down to 8v from 12v on the early trucks. I don't know why this isn't done inside the HVAC head itself but that is the issue. Later trucks used 5v. This is why when you try and stab a later module in an older truck they either work for a while and then eventually die or die right from the start.

You know the early yrs automatically go to recirc on full cold
Unfortunately it only does recirc on full cold and in high or medium blower settings. There are a lot of times when I'd rather not be sitting in traffic sucking in someone else's vape or cig smoke but medium or high is just a tad too cold.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it only does recirc on full cold and in high or medium blower settings. There are a lot of times when I'd rather not be sitting in traffic sucking in someone else's vape or cig smoke but medium or high is just a tad too cold.

Learned something new didnt know recirc didnt work on low

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And they don't have a high pressure shut off switch in the back of the R4 compressor. Originally the switch in the back closed the recirc door if pressures go higher than 250 IIRC. I blew out that switch when I restarted a hot engine on a hot day! I got a switch that closes <250 and opens >350 (or something like that) and wired it in series with the low side switch - and a new compressor, LOL. This was on my 88.