Gm grille for '99 suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ckeene

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking for a new gm grille for my 99 k2500 suburban. Had one that was claimed to be gm but read it was from China, canceled the order. Just trying to find a actual gm grille for my suburban. Any ideas?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, most of the GM grilles are discontinued. Your best bet if you want a genuine one is to pull a nice one from a salvage yard.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You didn't mention Chevy or GMC, what trim level, etc. but for example - about $255 for the chrome Chevy Silverado grille from Rydell Chevrolet (online GM dealer.) Shipping only $25 which is surprising; I'm wondering if their online process isn't working correctly in calculating the shipping. Another dealer that I often use which is usually pretty fair wanted over $130 shipping for Fedex ground.

Richard

Ckeene

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Base model, gray, single headlight. I don't mind paying for a real gm grille.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like LMC has them for $270 including the $20 oversize shipping charge. I believe the grilles they list as "OE" are usually legit GM parts. Might want to call them and clarify first, though.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=79
The grilles are not discontinued. I'll say it again you can get them from GM, it just pays to shop around to see what dealer will offer the best deal. Now that he's said it's the base model grille I checked and Rydell appears to be cheapest at $140. Always important to watch what you're going to be charged for shipping as it seems to be all over the place depending on dealer.

LMC is great for stuff that has been actually discontinued and they have bought up all the stock, but otherwise no sense in paying their inflated prices.

Richard

Ckeene

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I want to ask this ....are the gm grilles made in China now? I bought a acdelco switch the other day for my 02 2500 and it was made in Taiwan. The writing on the switch was different than original and the plastic felt cheap. Also got a acdelco radiator cap for the suburban and it was made in India. And got ripped off on Amazon when I bought an genuine gm wiper circuit board and it came in a plain white box from China. Just tired of parts being described as gm parts not be.