Gm grille for '99 suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The grilles are not discontinued. I'll say it again you can get them from GM, it just pays to shop around to see what dealer will offer the best deal. Now that he's said it's the base model grille I checked and Rydell appears to be cheapest at $140. Always important to watch what you're going to be charged for shipping as it seems to be all over the place depending on dealer.

LMC is great for stuff that has been actually discontinued and they have bought up all the stock, but otherwise no sense in paying their inflated prices.

Richard

Just looked up a bunch of stuff on GM Parts Direct and you're absolutely right, they're still available. No idea why I thought they were discontinued... Brain fart I guess.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well I want to ask this ....are the gm grilles made in China now? I bought a acdelco switch the other day for my 02 2500 and it was made in Taiwan. The writing on the switch was different than original and the plastic felt cheap. Also got a acdelco radiator cap for the suburban and it was made in India. And got ripped off on Amazon when I bought an genuine gm wiper circuit board and it came in a plain white box from China. Just tired of parts being described as gm parts not be.
You've got two problems when it comes to "consumable" (expected to be replaced) parts these days when trying to buy them online.

1. Many GM parts are indeed made offshore now. They have farmed out entire lines to other countries.

2. Some of the stuff you find online is not genuine GM but counterfeit. Some even go to the trouble of having fake GM boxes.

That's why I'm directing you to an actual GM dealer instead of just anywhere on the net.

I would seriously doubt they farmed out more grille production for trucks this old; it is 99% sure going to be old stock.

Richard

Ckeene

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unable to cancel the order. So it arrived yesterday . Came in a box dusty as heck, but did have genuine gm on box. The piece was cheaply made. Some rough edges, and crappy paint. Going to keep it since it looks better than my old one. But I plan on painting the old one one day to practice my painting . Got the grille of Amazon.