Getting a loan for a Lift and Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still too young in your life to start with loans you really don't need. You might think of buying tires first and the lift when you've saved enough. I'm 40 and barely getting out of debt. That's one thing I do tell me teenager, don't get into debt too soon. She was doing an economics project this weekend and realized that $ 17,000 doesn't get you much. Just my .02.....

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You shouldn't be getting ANY loans at 16, but there's no time in your life you should take out a loan for something like a lift. Learn to save your money.

-Via Mobile-

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
he can buy his own used tires ^^

Yeah, there's no good time to go in debt, bud. Like that other guy said, go for odd jobs. They add up over time. If you work hard at it, you should have enough money to buy used ones now, new ones next year. (with a lift even)

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Never take out a loan for stuff like that. The only things you should ever take a loan out for is a mortgage and maybe cars. Any smaller purchases should be done purely in cash/savings, if not that is how you get buried in debt.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I agree with the folks here.........there's lots of good advice here.................you better listen to it.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Everyone here has spoken from experience..

Personally if I don't have a $20 in my pocket at all times I feel insecure because I don't have that "just in case" cash to get me something to eat, a little gas, or a ride home, whatever it may be.

Take a loan out when you need it for a NEW truck, car, or mortgage for a house, whatever it may be. But you'll never get there without learning to save over time.
Start taking $50 out of every paycheque you get and put it away for the "New Tires & Lift" Fund, maybe next year you'll have enough for a bush bumper to go with it or something.
You may surprise yourself!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
guidance indeed. taking out a loan for a lift is not a wise idea nor is it a necessity. with a 7.50 a dollar an hour job you dont get to be picky, u need socks go buy socks, you need toothpaste start buying your own toothpaste. a lift at this point is a waste of money, and also not a necessity.

go on craigslsit or search a few cheap shops and find some cheap tires with good tread. will you like them? no because its probably not want you want. but deal with it because if your truck is even worth saving then youll get what you want by working hard and being a good person.

i can tell you from experienece im 19, unemployed, never had a job but im one of the nicest people youll meet and take care of everyone i can. i know enough people where i get free parts if need be due to me helping them when they were stranded. Id kill for a $7.50 an hour job, my trucks in repair almost every week and i cant seem to catch a break. my firend is the same way he works 40 hours a week, makes 10 an hour and doesnt have a dime to spend it on anything because he pays his phone bill, pays the whole rent even for his mother, pays insurance, buys his necessites and takes care of him and his truck and his friends and nothing else. no free time for him.

the lesson youll learn down the road is that you need to be wise with your money, your parents arent gonna be there to hold your hand and pay for all your stuff. if you want something that bad you better start saving up for it. now if you need something then its a whole different story. even being the age you are and not fully understanding how loans and stuff work should tell you that arent arent even close to ready to loan/finance/mortgage anything yet. its a tough lesson to learn thats for sure ay of us could blow a paycheck easily on our vehicles but that doesnt mean we should, theres other more important expenses at hand. your priority is finding a decent set of tires no matter what they are.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. I might just do the 2'' block and crank and buy some decent size tires until i can afford a legit 6'' lift with 35's. Thanks for all the help

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. I might just do the 2'' block and crank and buy some decent size tires until i can afford a legit 6'' lift with 35's. Thanks for all the help

honestly i wouldnt even waste money on a little lift when your just gonna end up buying bigger, why spend money on that when it could be saved for the 6 inch and 35s?