Getting a loan for a Lift and Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
honestly i wouldnt even waste money on a little lift when your just gonna end up buying bigger, why spend money on that when it could be saved for the 6 inch and 35s?

Beat me to it. Don't waste money on something that isn't what you want. Especially since everything you WANT is a waste of money. Spend it on the NEEDS. It's literally like taking 2 steps back when you need the one step forward..

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
how about no lift. thats what everyone trying to tell you. any sort of lift will be detrimenetal to your truck future especially when you only get minumum wage. get tire because you NEED those. you dont need a lift.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
a block lift and crank is only about 70$ plus some used 305/75r16's wont be pricy either. I just want to lift my truck. period. thats why i got the job. I have to have atleast some satisfaction before i get the full 6'' drop

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a block lift and crank is only about 70$ plus some used 305/75r16's wont be pricy either. I just want to lift my truck. period. thats why i got the job. I have to have atleast some satisfaction before i get the full 6'' drop

what were saying is is no matter how much it is think about it you could use that money for some better tread tires, or save what little amount it is for the lift you really want, bc trust me im sure after you buy the block lift what are you gonna do with it after you finally can get the 6 inch and 35s?

try to sell it? good luck bro

TUCSONDUDE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
^doesnt have girlfriend...

Do you want a BL and a 6 inch?(if so maybe ignore the rest of this paragraph) If not, you better start bustin ass more to get what you want sooner. To get through school, i worked 18 hours (3 shifts) a week at target, and did odd jobs on Saturday and Sundays. so i could ride my motorcycle to class every day and burn up a set of street tires on my car every 8k miles, and still have cash in my pocket so if i couldnt work for a couple of months i would not loose it all. And that is easy compared with a lot of people on this site, and a lot more than most the students i went to class with. Seriously get that ethic going now, because the hardest thing is getting your foot in the door, and I am sorry but your two posts in this thread sound like a stereotypical whiney dmbfq teenager.

will you need any tools for the body lift? how many bolts do you think your going to trash in the process? all that stuff will nickel and dime you really quick. Who payed for the truck(ie your 16 its not in your name, and they might not approve)

Oh and add up what soda and the snack bar cost you total every month.

not sure if i would have listened, but, i wish somebody would have told me that at 16. rant off.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
^doesnt have girlfriend...

Do you want a BL and a 6 inch?(if so maybe ignore the rest of this paragraph) If not, you better start bustin ass more to get what you want sooner. To get through school, i worked 18 hours (3 shifts) a week at target, and did odd jobs on Saturday and Sundays. so i could ride my motorcycle to class every day and burn up a set of street tires on my car every 8k miles, and still have cash in my pocket so if i couldnt work for a couple of months i would not loose it all. And that is easy compared with a lot of people on this site, and a lot more than most the students i went to class with. Seriously get that ethic going now, because the hardest thing is getting your foot in the door, and I am sorry but your two posts in this thread sound like a stereotypical whiney dmbfq teenager.

will you need any tools for the body lift? how many bolts do you think your going to trash in the process? all that stuff will nickel and dime you really quick. Who payed for the truck(ie your 16 its not in your name, and they might not approve)

Oh and add up what soda and the snack bar cost you total every month.

not sure if i would have listened, but, i wish somebody would have told me that at 16. rant off.

^^x2 on some things... but he said "Block" not "Body"

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
My own story (if it helps)

I saved up and bought my own truck when I was 18.

I wanted a suspension lift (4 or 6... still do) but opted for a BL. (cranks and blocks aren't good for front end parts) I spent about $200 on the lift (I didn't skimp on a thing- bumper relocator, gap guards, the whole nine yards) and bought nice brand new 285's.

And I'm not sure if you realize what is REALLY involved in a full suspension lift----

$1000 the lift itself (shocks, give or take)
$1000 tires (easy)
$500 rims (not a good idea to run bigger tires on stock rims)
$600 at least for a regearing, because you'll destroy either your gears or your tranny if you do not....
$200 for other things- you'll want to redo your front end bearings and stuff while you are in there

So yeah, I'd say wait...

For me, I plan on keeping my BL, so there are no regrets and no wasted money. Once my tires wear out, I'll upgrade.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Its fine to run bigger tires on stock wheels, they are 16x7 and are a lot better than most aftermarket wheels. Aftermarket aluminum wheels usually dont balance well after a year.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
this has gotten off topic the original question was should he get a loan for said lift .... no

save your money and get whatever the hell you want with it.... yes

Sent from my static android

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Yeah its off topic because we have 3 pages of the same answer now.

Let's summarize this now.

DONT blow all your money on your truck all the time, save early and you will be glad you did.

DONT use credit to buy wants, they are for emergencies. (for example you have a credit card with a 10k limit, dont use it unless one day your transmission blows and you have to replace it fast)

Credit is like borrowing money from a friend, you cant live on borrowing money, you may need to borrow money because you have to, not because its there.

I still have a hard time getting credit, I have just started building credit through Matco Tools, but I got denied a sears card, discount tire card, sams club card, citi card.

I need that extra cushion because I drive 80 miles a day to work, not because I want a set of tires that no one but me will think are badass.