Gettin Free double shock hoop, need opinions on reservoir shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the realift will be here tmrw evening and the shocks I should pick up @ 4wheelparts friday. Brett has given me some dates I can come so once I get the parts I just make that trip down to Bama! I'm thinking next Friday hopefully. I want to go as soon as he can get me in. I hate that I couldn't get resi' shocks but the ebay ones for $70 ended up being too good to be true. I looked at the real prices for Resi's after that and they were like $200 a piece! That's how much I've got wrapped up in all 4 of these Rancho's :D But they'll still look killer. My inspiration truck is HvyChvyZ71 over on fullsizechevy and he has the double shock setup. I can't quit looking at it.

Only thing guys is, should I leave the red boots on? Or go without? I know the boots have seemed to kind of go out of style but I don't know what I want yet.

Griffin

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Well the red boots will look good with all the red you have on your truck. My truck came with grey boots and I swapped them for red. When I got my bilsteins I saved my old red boots incase I wanted to use them on some other shocks since they were still cherry. If you want some you can have mine. I have four total. Can't wait to see your truck done up! Your black bumpers are my inspiration to paint mine. Maybe one of my slow days after work. It's just a pain for my front bumper because I have to take my light bar off. Also Griffin did you just paint over the rubber strip on the front?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha Adam I know it sounds hilarious but yep I sure did. Painted right over it all and all I did was scuff it up real quick. I hardly did a damn thing but they came out soo good! I've got the nbs barely bolted on now but it needs to be raised up 2-3" somehow I'm waiting to hear back. Thanks for the offer on the boots but these Rancho's will come with them I'm sure! I also think the boots will look good, otherwise it'd just be that little chrome bar like I have now. I think I'm going to try it with the boots first and if that don't look good then I'll do something else.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now all you need is your bodylift and that things gonna look huge! Cant wait to see it.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep! I'm actually going to hold off on the body lift. I'm taking the truck down to Bama to do all this stuff and the guy who put my lift on, Brett, said we might be able to "safely" get it to 8" if it isn't already there, not sure....Anyway he's done millions of these lifts and he'll have to see it in person but I may be getting an add a leaf and some more liftage up front or maybe even just more lift up front LOL but yeah def holding off on BL for now. I replaced the bl $ with that double shock setup anyway lol

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Okay no problem. Yea I think they come with them too. Ill just scuff up my bumper and give it a go. Deffinetly will post pics when I get it done. Oh and I may have forgotten if you have not said it already. What color is your shock hoop going to be? Because with the red boots if the hoop is red it maybe too much. I painted mine from dark grey to spray bed liner black lol

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I thought about it but you're right red would be too much. Also the guy who's doing all the work for me has it in Alabama and so having him get it powder coated would be wayy too much trouble.