G80 Code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My tahoes VIN states that i have a G80.
Are they the same like the locker version of the Eaton G80?

And it says this... AXLE,REAR,POSITRACTION,LIMITED SLIP POSITRACTION L/SLIP R/AXL(G80)

Does this qualify

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the style varries from axel to axel but in my opinion, from numerous exploded ones, they are all junk if you actualy use your truck off road like a truck. mine was replaced twice under warranty when new, when the third one blew up out of warranty, i put a detroit in it and never looked back. stock small block power and on road driving it will probably last for ya but add any power and a firm shift kit and its a ticking time bomb in my opinion. burnouts are a death sentence to them, haha.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the style varries from axel to axel but in my opinion, from numerous exploded ones, they are all junk if you actualy use your truck off road like a truck. mine was replaced twice under warranty when new, when the third one blew up out of warranty, i put a detroit in it and never looked back. stock small block power and on road driving it will probably last for ya but add any power and a firm shift kit and its a ticking time bomb in my opinion. burnouts are a death sentence to them, haha.
really depends on the rear end... ive seen 10 bolts with the g80 go but never a 14 bolt SF or FF. personally i like them and have had three, one with over 200k in a SF and two i have now are at 120k in a FF and have had no issues what so ever and do burnouts every so often.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
it's a win/win either way. Good without, good with.

that's just summing up what I've learned from looking into lockers/open differentials.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
of my g80 failures, 5 of them were 14b ff and 2 10b.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont believe i made question the best. Is this like the newer z71 g80s? I have plenty of expirence with my father 06 sierras and was wondering if this is the same type of locker.

I already know the issues with them exploding.

I do have the 10bolt rear end and so does my dads.