G2 or Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kuwait Yukon

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

After fixing a 4" lift kit from Tuff Country and added 285/70R17 tires (32.7" for the hole diameter).

I felt that the new tires made the vehicle little bit heavy. So i need to change the ring and pinion from 3.73 to 4.11 ratio from Yukon Gears or G2.

I found that G2 will cost little bit more than a 1000$ for both front and rear ring and pinion, bearings and installation kits, where Yukon Gears will cost more than that.

What do you think, which one is better?

Attachments

• DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 29

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I would look into Motive or Richmond, but if I had to choose between the two you listed I would probably go with Yukon.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've sold G2, Yukon, Motive, & Richmond and the only one that ever had a problem was a set of Motive 4.88's in a 10 bolt trying to turn some 37's. No traction to suddenly lots of traction = busted ring gear teeth.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

After fixing a 4" lift kit from Tuff Country and added 285/70R17 tires (32.7" for the hole diameter).

I felt that the new tires made the vehicle little bit heavy. So i need to change the ring and pinion from 3.73 to 4.11 ratio from Yukon Gears or G2.

I found that G2 will cost little bit more than a 1000$ for both front and rear ring and pinion, bearings and installation kits, where Yukon Gears will cost more than that.

What do you think, which one is better?

Truck looks great!