Future plans for the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you want to be quick, dump those heavy cast wheels and get lightweight forged.

Not much advantage to rear disc conversion other than looks. Drums stop really well...

Richard

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When it goes to the track it will have draglites or similar wheel with slicks. The boss 338s are for show and dding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the truck:

You must be registered for see images

Dont really want to post one of the engine bay right now, currently working on wiring the ac up, electric fuel pump again since i deleted the wiring, so its a mess under there

Here is a video of the exhaust
http://youtu.be/kd43asLlLmg

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If your plan is to run it at the strip then choose your suspension based on that. Maybe pick up a book or two about suspension design for drag racing. Coilovers, rear sway bars, stuff like that really don't come into play and may hurt your weight transfer and resulting traction. What makes a vehicle handle well in the corners usually isn't also good for drag racing. I find it's a lot more fun to carve up corners in something that wasn't meant to do it, than beat people in a short straight line. :D Taking a 20mph-rated long, curving exit ramp, at 70mph - is a freaking blast. :D

Richard

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It will mostly be a street truck but will go to the track occasionally so I'm basing my suspension needs to street driving

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You don't need a 4 link and coil overs to make it hook up. Unless you want all of that. I'd put some cal trac bars on it and some strange single or double adjustable shocks and it'll work once you get it dialed in.

Stock suspension setups work and have come a long. In my opinion coil overs are a waste of money.

Cal trac even has split leaf springs that work really good with there bars. I think there's a couple early model camaros that have been in the 7's in the 1/4 on there bars with the split leaf springs and it's all stock suspension

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have any pictures of those shocks

You must be registered for see images attach

these are the double adjustable ones. Qa1 and strange are the same shock but one is cheaper, I forget which one its been a while since I looked at them. Double adjustable have around 500 different setting combinations, but the single has 10 or 12. In your case id get the single adjustable ones, double adjustable ones would be overkill. They work pretty good there are a few street cars around here that have the single adjustable ones and they hook up anywhere pretty much.

Single adjustable ones have just one knob on them. Also you can rebuild them for I think 30 or 40 bucks.

You must be registered for see images attach

These are the cal trac bars, they are pretty much a 4 link/traction bar. Smith racecraft makes some also and they have more a lot more adjustment points on them.

dans95silvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read somewhere online that vehicles on airride werent allowed at tracks but now that I think about it. There are a couple vehicles on airride at my local track

i used to run my 5.3 s10 bagged and body dropped at us 131 and milan with no issues.