Future plans for the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well as may of you know, I am building a truck with my dad and are in the process of figuring out what we want to do with the truck. Here is what is done so far: Lowered 4/6 on 20" Boss 338 chrome wheels, shaved bed with roll pan, trutrac, 3.73 gears, moser axles, carbed 383 with a 4L60E controlled by a EZTCU.

Future Plans:

5/8 or more drop possible 4 link(Cant do airride because airride is not allowed on the strip)
Custom fuel cell that goes between the rails
Disc brake conversion
Redo all brake lines in stainless steel lines
Re-do engine compartment and paint it the new color
Sandblast the frame so we can paint it gloss black
Most likely painting the truck a dark blue metallic
Possibly coilovers on all 4 corners
Nitrous and supercharger install

Now, if you guys/gals were doing a build like this what would you do. All opinions are welcome just want to see what people would do.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
inlinetube.com sells pre bent kits in stainless. There brake line kit is $240 i think for all the brake lines on the truck.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will to look at that site. The problem with doing something that is prebent is that I deleted the abs and put the proportioning valve from a pre-95.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im deleting the abs on mine and was just gonna order the lines for a 90 - 91 truck.

Also why is airride not allowed at the track? I know of a truck here with airbags on all 4 corners that runs at all 3 tracks around this area.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read somewhere online that vehicles on airride werent allowed at tracks but now that I think about it. There are a couple vehicles on airride at my local track

Reaction score
id say just do coil overs. You can get a parallel four link, fully adjustable and for coil overs thru Summit for less than a bag setup will run you. Track we have here bags are fine... heck, theres a Donk race coming up that you have to be running 28s or bigger and have NOS to even enter...lmao

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Got any pics of the truck? I agree with the coilovers! What engine and drivetrain mods are you running? I enjoy making cars/trucks look like race cars. I do vinyl wraps, you can get very creative with them!

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll post some pics tmrw when I get on my computer. Whenever I upload thru tapatalk they turn out crappy. I'm just worried about the ride quality when going to a 4linl with coilovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3 link wish bone or 4 link, watts link, coil overs, put a blower on that 383, some slicks should be a sub 12 sec truck and ride like a king on the road! :headbang:

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's gonna be close to a sub 12 truck as it sits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk