full size chevy nightmare...HELP!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terry Bridges

Reaction score
Hey Guys...need some help...I think I got a mess on my hands and not sure how to go about fixing it. 94 chevy full size 1500 ex-cab. Somebody tried to bag it...they used a flip kit and used trailing arms slide between the bottom of the rear axle tube and the flip plate...the leaf perches are gone, and there is no top link...it has a Panhard bar that mounts frame on the left and to the back of the right side trailing arm (they plated the back of the arm with a threaded nut that the heim of the panhard bar mounts too), its "c" notched, and they mounted the bags on the front side of the housing on the trailing arms. I'm thinking they were trying for a truck arm type set up...I don't honestly know. I know that they housing has just got to be spinning with nothing on top and with the perches gone I have no real way of knowing what the angle of the housing is supposed to be...I know what I need to do, just hoping that you maybe give me some options...other than driving a new frame underneath it...LOL!!!!

The workmanship is not that good, and I think it has been hit in the rear...any thoughts as to how or what the pinion angle should be, how I make sure the thing is square side to side, Oh and the plates for the flip, the holes are not centered..is that normal?...it looks ok from the outside, but the underside is not what I would call good, but it is what it is and I got what I got and need to make it right...and quick. Any thoughts, advice, anything would really be SO appreciated...I'm super frustrated with this thing, and having not done of street stuff I just dont know what I can and cant get away with...that and the damn thing is so low, its hard to get any kind of good accurate angle measurements....I honestly dont know if a top link is going to clear the bed underside supports...stuff looks like its in pretty close quarters...Anything you got for me, I would be super appreciative...I'm frustrated, hate working on my back...and just not sure which way to go.

Thanks so much in advance...and I'm not as stupid as it might appear...and I know I got a mess on my hands...I just need to do something quick cause these are the only wheels I got...Appreciate any insight you can give me...Thanks again!

Terry

SunSetPrez

Reaction score
Yea sounds like a standard 2 link to me. Im not a fan but they work with these rear axle's. Get some pics up and I can help you out.