Beware: GM Nightmare - Defective 2024 and 2022 Yukon Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAhmed

Reaction score
Are new diesels not more complex than a 1995 model? smh Wtf? exhaust fluid? Idk, what to tell you about the payments, who signed up for them? The liability?
What I have been told told that there are numerous sensors and technology that increase the complexity of the entire vehicle, and they are subject to extremely tight government restrictions. Because of these strict requirements, other automakers—especially those from abroad—avoid selling vehicles with diesel engines in the United States.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
What I have been told told that there are numerous sensors and technology that increase the complexity of the entire vehicle, and they are subject to extremely tight government restrictions. Because of these strict requirements, other automakers—especially those from abroad—avoid selling vehicles with diesel engines in the United States.

Yea, diesels in the US are tough... the infamous 'Smart-car' got a 25mpg gas engine because the 80mpg diesel that's in those cars everywhere else in the world couldn't pass Nox PPM emissions. Even though total Nox was less per mile than the gas engine because of the vastly different MPG's. Goes to show how dumb some of these rules are.

cc333

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, diesels in the US are tough... the infamous 'Smart-car' got a 25mpg gas engine because the 80mpg diesel that's in those cars everywhere else in the world couldn't pass Nox PPM emissions. Even though total Nox was less per mile than the gas engine because of the vastly different MPG's. Goes to show how dumb some of these rules are.
I've always wondered about that. Who would want such a small car with a puny gas engine that barely gets half the MPGs of a comparatively much larger Toyota Prius? An 80 MPG diesel version, however, makes much more sense.

Anyway, speaking of dumb rules, this reminds me of an experience I'd had with a certain light bulb.

In general, I prefer incandescent bulbs over LED ones (a losing battle, now that incandescent bulbs aren't being made anymore), but GE's line of Reveal HD LED bulbs was pretty good (at least as good as their incandescent counterparts), but apparently only early versions are this nice. Newer versions (such as what is available at most hardware stores today) are almost as bad as typical LED bulbs, with their odd, greenish yellow cast that almost makes me sick.

It turns out that, at one point, the original version of GE's LED bulb was banned from being sold in California because it put out too much light at certain frequencies for it's power rating, which makes zero sense!

As rules go, that one is one of the most inane, stupid ones I've ever heard of!

c

AAhmed

Reaction score
I need to share my frustrating experience with our 2024 Yukon from GM. After 2 years of dealing with issues in our 2022 Yukon, GM finally replaced it with a 2024 model. Unfortunately, the replacement only lasted 123 miles before breaking down, throwing multiple error codes and triggering the dreaded check engine light.

While GM agreed to buy back the defective 2024 Yukon, the repurchasing process has stretched to a grueling eight weeks, and we are still in the waiting game.

To add insult to injury, GM expects us to foot the bill for a rental car since we are currently without a vehicle. They promise reimbursement, but the reality is, we're left in the lurch, paying insurance for a car parked in one of their dealership lots, all while they continue to receive their scheduled payments.

It's disheartening to see a company not only struggle with producing reliable vehicles but also fail to streamline their processes and retain loyal customers. ‍♂️

I share this story not as a complaint, but as a cautionary tale. I wouldn't want anyone else to endure the frustration and inconvenience we've faced. Let's hope GM takes note and works towards improving their vehicles quality and customer experience.

Thank you.
I added a short You tube video:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media