Fuel Additive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wadew98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody ever uses the fuel additives that are now all over the market. There are many different kinds for diesel and gasoline engines, whether it is trucks, boats, tractors, ATVs, even lawnmowers. I have had some luck from using the Lucas oil treatment on a full tank, I noticed a gas mileage increase, more of a longer break between gas station stops lol. I did however achieve around 100 miles by just burning up one quarter of a tank. Anyone else that has used these treatments or has found the magical cure to ethanol feel free to share!!!!!!

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Be careful with fuel additives. Read the directions CAREFULLY. If over-applied, they will cause a buildup of red deposits on the spark plugs, and will foul them very quickly. I had a buddy do this to my jeep. Poured a whole bottle in the tank that was supposed to treat 250 gallons. It took several tanks of gas and a couple of sets of spark plugs to get it where it would quit fouling them.

They will look like this:
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

After doing that, i don't run any additives in my gas. I buy regular non-ethanol whenever i can.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I highly doubt any of them work so I spend my money elsewhere.

scotttick

WHO ME?
Reaction score
I will run some Seafoam through mine every once in a while. I also try running non-ethanol gas through it too, it usually takes a weekend of overtime to afford it though.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make my own with toluene or xylene and 2 cycle oil. Works fine I guess.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
Seafoam = carb rebuild in a bottle. Use it on all kinds of things, has never let me down.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Powerservice white in winter.

Powerservice silver in summer.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Seafoam = carb rebuild in a bottle. Use it on all kinds of things, has never let me down.

isnt seafoam just over priced paint thinner? ..............other than some oil the ingredients are pretty much the same.

probably why SAATR makes his own brew.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
isnt seafoam just over priced paint thinner? ..............other than some oil the ingredients are pretty much the same.

probably why SAATR makes his own brew.

You are correct sir! Seafoam is a great product, without a doubt. But... it's almost completely composed of Pale oil, naptha, and IPA (Isopropyl alcohol). And at 9.99/16oz bottle from most parts stores, it's a bit pricey. Xylene is about $20 a gallon, plus your favorite 2 cycle oil @ 3 bucks a bottle, plus a bottle of HEET (high percentage methanol, much stouter than IPA) @ $3 a bottle, you've got a potent fuel system cleaner for less than $30/gallon.