front end alignment results...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people just don't know how to do a alignment, they are trained to use a computer and that's it..... This is where the old school guys kick ass!!

I hope you get it figured out, I went through hell with alignments when I had my big lift...Sucked!!

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What I dont understand is how slotted holes in the control arm are going to keep the bolts in place when the truck hits a pothole at 70mph. The impact would surely force the upper control arm to be pushed inward no matter how tight the bolts are. Maybe Im missing something here.
the cam washer on the bolt is what holds it in place and at the setting they put it at

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little update on this this.

I have been driving the truck around for the last 2 days in our lovely pothole filled New England roads and the truck bounces around like crazy. Steering is nice and tight but the ride just sucks compared to what it was prior to front end components being replaced as well as the bushings.
I forgot to measure the heights on the front prior to dropping the truck off but I did mention to them that the truck was cranked and that they need to get measurements prior to taking the things apart. Well, I stuck my head behind my tire this morning just to see if I could notice anything considering the old box of parts had 2 rubber bump stops in it which I know I didnt buy new ones to replace those so I need to figure out where those went. Anyway, here are a few pics I took of how things are set up right now. The front height is exactly the same as the rear to within an 1/8". The tires rubbed my plastic air damn before the job and now they dont which leads me to believe that the shop cranked up the front a little higher then what I had originally had it at. The upper control arms are making contact with the frame of the truck and the end link bolts hit the control arm. Im thinking I have to decrank the truck a little which will help out the ride as well as put my alignment numbers in the positive on camber. What do you think here:

You must be registered for see images attach

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Yeah I would decrank an inch. That would help your ride considering you are sitting on the bump stops now. Also, the end link bolts are upside down.

Sent from Robl@nd

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I would decrank an inch. That would help your ride considering you are sitting on the bump stops now. Also, the end link bolts are upside down.

Sent from Robl@nd

I assume they put them in that way because it was easier. trying to install the rubber bushing, cap and nut from the bottom inside the control arm can be a pita sometimes. I can either flip them around or just cut the thread off the top after I decrank if they still make contact.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I stuck my head behind my tire this morning just to see if I could notice anything considering the old box of parts had 2 rubber bump stops in it which I know I didnt buy new ones to replace those so I need to figure out where those went.

I'm not sure if it's what you're referring to, but here is what the rubber bump stop should look like near the shock...