FRONT DOOR ADJUSTMENT 94 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El Tigre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recently installed this greaseable Pin/bushing kit from AC Delco
(Part number GM 19332887) ,and am well pleased with it.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Recently installed this greaseable Pin/bushing kit from AC Delco
(Part number GM 19332887) ,and am well pleased with it.

Thank you for posting this. I've seen these mentioned in a few places but haven't seen anyone actually install or review them. My red truck's pins and bushings are still pretty good, but my Suburban is starting to have issues again and I've been considering these.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. I've seen these mentioned in a few places but haven't seen anyone actually install or review them. My red truck's pins and bushings are still pretty good, but my Suburban is starting to have issues again and I've been considering these.
Same here.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 27 year old 94 Suburban is finally showing some wear. The driver's door is starting to sag and bumps up over the door latch pin when opening and closing. I can lower the door pin but then the body lines don't line up. Wanted to raise the back of the door somehow by adjusting the hinges but the Haynes (& Chilton) manual says C/K trucks have welded hinges so they can't be adjusted. That true?

If so, anyway to adjust the door without a big hammer and jack?
I believe my wife’s cclb has had some damage in the past. It used to be a work truck. Most of these trucks were. The pins are new and have zero play. But I had this same issue. I unbolted the striker and carefully held the nut from the backside from a small hole on the back so it wouldnt fall down In the pillar. I used a carbide bit and wallowed out the striker pin hole and tightened it back up where it was lined up. No issues anymore works great. And the body line is lined up now.

El Tigre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm... I was seeking to lower the striker bolt just a hair ,but is bottomed out of adj.
May try this sometime when inside trim is off

El Tigre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another photo illustrating how these pin install...

Reaction score
There is zero play, so now what?
LMC Trucks has a tool that goes between striker and door latch. You use a bar to lift the door relative to the jam. if the pins are good this will probably work. Adjusted mine easily (I had already installed new pins and bushings) You do have to experiment on how much you lift because it will settle down when the tension is off. Trial and error, a little at a time!

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
decided to lower the striker bolt as it looks like quite a job to get the pin out. Had no trouble at all lowering it just a smidge so now the door doesn't hang up on the striker, opens and closes nice and smooth. Had the right Torx bit (if that's what it called). Problem is the body side creases don't line up perfectly anymore, but I'll save that for another day. Too busy with other stuff.