Front backspacing 15" wheel 4" drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LD68

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dropped my 94 a few years ago, used Belltech springs and DJM spindles in the front. Been running 17x8 torque thrust in front with 5.05" backspacing and I had to trim the A arms. Figured this was due to the backspacing.
I am now considering a set of Wheel Vintiques 42 series (C10 style rally). My thoughts were 15x7 front and 15x10 rear. I have the rear measured out and intend to go with 6.25" backspacing, the lips are rolled.
My main concern is the front because I have read post saying to watch front backspacing with a 15" wheel. Hoping a 15x7 with zero offset (4" backspacing) would work.
I realize all trucks and all set ups differ, any input is greatly appreciated.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 4" up front with stock OBS 15" steelies and they were a pain in the ass. Spindles matter.... I had McGaughys 2" drop spindles with stock UCA/LCA. Trimmed the crap out of the LCA, grinded the edge off the steering knuckle and still had to run a 1/4" spacer upfront. Rolled the lip on the fenders too... at full turn left and right the lip of the rim would still rub. I had no inner wheel weights because I had to take them off. LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
I think your spindles are the problem with 15" wheels. These would be the way I would go. These are listed as Calmax but I have seen DJM selling the same ones cheaper.

LD68

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 4" up front with stock OBS 15" steelies and they were a pain in the ass. Spindles matter.... I had McGaughys 2" drop spindles with stock UCA/LCA. Trimmed the crap out of the LCA, grinded the edge off the steering knuckle and still had to run a 1/4" spacer upfront. Rolled the lip on the fenders too... at full turn left and right the lip of the rim would still rub. I had no inner wheel weights because I had to take them off. LOL

I am having the same issues running 17x8 wheels with 5.05 backspacing. Ground the crap out of the control arms and they still hit at full lock or when I hit a bump while turning. Thought about a 15 or 17" wheel with less backspacing. Seriously considering 18s, don't like 20s so I will not go that route.