Frankenpump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Could be the stepper motor on the cluster itself too. I have a whole bag of cluster stepper motors if you want them as far as I know they worked I got them out of a cluster that I used for pieces and parts.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Your factory pump had a connection to the PCM. Then the PCM drive the cluster. I think you will have trouble without a stock style fuel pump module.

Spliced into the black wire, still no fuel gauge.

You may want to look further into this. I don't know for a fact but it does seem around 1998-1999 there were some changes to the circuit.. wish I could tell you more, but I just don't know. It isn't the first time I've heard this mentioned.

Richard

DTrain

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I read this somewhere else too. I’m clueless…wiring really eludes my thought process.

DTrain

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also forgot to mention, may not make any difference, but when I first turn the key the gauge very quickly pegs all the way to full then comes all the way back and sits on E.