Found my problem but now!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
oh yeah that makes alot of sense.... why didn't I think of that?

Sent from my static android

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless I have two terribly rounded out center links on my trucks, the TRE holes are not tapered. I had to stop tightening mine on both trucks when the castle nuts were down far enough to put the pins in, no more, no less. All the resistance was in the boots of the TRE's, not the shafts.

That does not sound right at all IMO. Tie rod ends are like mini ball joints.

Sent from somewhere in MN

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but come to think of it........

The pitman arm joint is tapered too right? How would that be able to be put together if the centerlink was flipped

Sent from somewhere in MN

It is upside down an backwards. So he will have to take the side that is currently on the pass side an move to the Dr side, then flip the top to the bottom to correct it....

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
That's right...I took it all out as one piece on the 92. Button my 98 it just was a couple taps on the shaft of the TRE to get them loose.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a search today about backward centerlinks and suprisingly enough its a common thing.......... of course it wouldnt be if we didnt take our trucks to a shop to have some inexperienced person do the work we should be doing but unfortunately i didnt have a welder to do the install thats why i took it in... i try to do all my work myself........

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Meanwhile though, Amazon Wearhouse Deals strikes again...new Moog centerlink for the 98 for $11 with two day shipping. Been having a pop when turning left slowly from somewhere down there since I replaced everything but the center link with new moog stuff.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my centerlink is moog, i got everything from Rock auto pretty cheap. I am going to order my new tre's from them tomorrow because its cheaper than the parts houses here...