Breaking yard etiquette. Discussion debate personal views please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also reminder when you visit the yards, get a parts vehicle or other things along those lines. That the vehicles were once somebody's pride and joy.
Even rough state.
Even at the end of the road
Buying a used car you get the stories and make new ones.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hit up Pull-A-Part OKC this morning. For y'all eight-luggers needing parts, there are three in the yard with INTACT SUSPENSIONS AND AXLES! Two SRWs and a dually. I got a fender for Roscoe from one of the eight-luggers. If you nab suspension parts from this one, it's probably a good idea to skip that caliper and rotor.

You must be registered for see images attach

Anybody need a Lambo kit for their GMT800? (the opposite side door and hinge are missing)

It was 90*F, but the yard was packed with people looking for truck parts. When it comes to the etiquette part, how do y'all feel about borrowing/loaning tools? I do my best to ensure I have all the tools I need, and until last year there was a tool store about a mile away that I could hit up if needed (they closed). While I was pulling my fender there was an old guy, dressed in a collared shirt that was too nice for Pull-A-Part, who had a pocketful of tools - nowhere what he needed to get a door (seriously, wtf?). He had to borrow three of my tools to get it done. I don't fret about loaning tools, because for the most part I only take cheap tools, but how about you?

That brings about another question, how do you dress for Pull-A-Part? I can usually pass for a homeless person, because I've ruined clothes at Pull-A-Part. Today I had on cutoff BDU shorts, an eBay Motors tee that has holes in it, ratty Vans, and a well-worn boonie hat. Are you the kind of person who dresses up for a run to Pull-A-Part? Looking spiffy for the pretty girls who run the taco truck?

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hit up Pull-A-Part OKC this morning. For y'all eight-luggers needing parts, there are three in the yard with INTACT SUSPENSIONS AND AXLES! Two SRWs and a dually. I got a fender for Roscoe from one of the eight-luggers. If you nab suspension parts from this one, it's probably a good idea to skip that caliper and rotor.

Anybody need a Lambo kit for their GMT800? (the opposite side door and hinge are missing)

It was 90*F, but the yard was packed with people looking for truck parts. When it comes to the etiquette part, how do y'all feel about borrowing/loaning tools? I do my best to ensure I have all the tools I need, and until last year there was a tool store about a mile away that I could hit up if needed (they closed). While I was pulling my fender there was an old guy, dressed in a collared shirt that was too nice for Pull-A-Part, who had a pocketful of tools - nowhere what he needed to get a door (seriously, wtf?). He had to borrow three of my tools to get it done. I don't fret about loaning tools, because for the most part I only take cheap tools, but how about you?

That brings about another question, how do you dress for Pull-A-Part? I can usually pass for a homeless person, because I've ruined clothes at Pull-A-Part. Today I had on cutoff BDU shorts, an eBay Motors tee that has holes in it, ratty Vans, and a well-worn boonie hat. Are you the kind of person who dresses up for a run to Pull-A-Part? Looking spiffy for the pretty girls who run the taco truck?
To wear, definitely not your sunday best
A pair of comfortable closed toe shoes, like sneakers or work boots.
A shirt you don't care about anymore
Old work pants/jeans

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

Me: work boots, cargo pants that are too beat up to be uniform pants, old t shirt with holes/stains(same stuff I wear for working on my trucks). Also have one of those boonie hats you can put water on and it helps to cool you off. And I always try to bring a bandana and a hand towel to wipe my face and hands off. No paper towels or sink in our yards....and I generally bring at least 3 bottles of water. One frozen and two chilled; last time at LKQ they were passing out bottled water as you came in and at the checkout. And I have a Gatorade bottle in the truck to drink on the way home.
I've loaned a few tools out, but I go with the loaner so I can get them back. I helped a guy pull a door from an S10 out at the Northside LKQ last summer, and let another guy put some of his parts and tool bag on the wheelbarrow for the trip up to the checkout. I see people bringing just a few tools in, and people bringing in as much as I carry in my truck, and everything in between. One time I just went in with a screwdriver and a 7mm nutdriver cause I was getting a cluster(and it was just before closing time so that was all I'd be able to get).

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In order to cover all the bases, I actually have not one but two of these shirts. The first for rough & tumble
Treasure Yard duty, while the 2nd is reserved for the more formal social events like family get togethers, parties, etc:

Really easy way to discover who else shares a deep appreciation for all things BBC.

Last edited: