Forged lower control arm ball joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Afiggis

Reaction score
so I’m having a devil of a time finding correct ball joints. I have Moog 6509 and they just drop through the hole. I purchased some used control arms from a 2500 which I believe is a direct replacement for my 98 3500. The bushings went in fine but the ball joints no fit. There’s no housing or anything that goes around it is there?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Measure the holes and the ball joints. 47.89 mm / 1.885 is what Moog lists. Maybe someone modified the arms for something else? Post pictures of the holes.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm guessing the wrong ball joints are int he right box..... there is a flange on the ball joints that is quire a bit larger than the part that fits into the arm.... it should not be able to drop through if if the hole is too big.

Afiggis

Reaction score
I have an idea. I’m thinking that the used control arms are from a 2001. I found one of the old ball joints and it looks similar to pics of the Moog k6693 which comes on a 2001. That would suck