Fog light switch wiring and a switch plate part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i located and have in my possession a factory fog light switch from a 97 or 98 dash but i do not have the pig tail.

anyone know what the 5 pins are??
looking from the back they are labeled
F A
E B
D

ALSO would someone have a part number for the switch plate that can hold 3 switches?
i have a 15153557 2 hole from my truck
and a 156945888 that is a 1 hole that the fog light switch came in

could it be a 15694884? or is that a 3 panel no hole.

hope that makes sence..

should you fellas are pretty SMRT :)

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I sent mine to Mean Green to make up a harness for factory fogs & that switch, but mine came with the pig-tail. He should be able to tell you what's what concerning the pins, considering he has mine right there. But you'd have to ask him.

As far as the 3-hole mount goes, I picked mine up at the dealership. The parts guy & I looked at the pix in his parts book 'till we saw one that looked right. I don't know what the # was, though. IIRC it was less than $20.00

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I sent mine to Mean Green to make up a harness for factory fogs & that switch, but mine came with the pig-tail. He should be able to tell you what's what concerning the pins, considering he has mine right there. But you'd have to ask him.

As far as the 3-hole mount goes, I picked mine up at the dealership. The parts guy & I looked at the pix in his parts book 'till we saw one that looked right. I don't know what the # was, though. IIRC it was less than $20.00

I'm just guessing but I'd think it should be possible to find a plug that fits either from a junk yard or a auto parts store. Most of the GM plugs that I've seen are used in more than just one location.

Out of curiosity where did you get the switch from? I've been looking for one for a long time...

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just guessing but I'd think it should be possible to find a plug that fits either from a junk yard or a auto parts store. Most of the GM plugs that I've seen are used in more than just one location.

Out of curiosity where did you get the switch from? I've been looking for one for a long time...

well i scored it on ebay for 26 bucks, it was there for over a week, but it didnt say shipping to canada so i was holding off until i was down in arizona and then emailed him
but he ended up shipping to canada anyways for the same money..
with the amount of people wanting one im surprised it lasted a day... so score! :)

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I got mine from the wreckers. Had a pile of parts I had taken off an Escalade, & got all for a lump sum, so I don't know what the inividual price was.
Good score on the switch, especially on the shipping! So many times I've tried to buy a '$10.00' part on ebay, only to have the shipper want to charge $50.00 to send it to Canada. Even when I've found the same parts from different sellers, one wants $5.00 for shipping, yet the other guy wants $25.00. I can understand some variation due to distance, but some vendors are outragious!

The fog light switches were in two locations. Some non-4X4's had 'em down where the electro switch for the 4 whl. dr. usually goes, & others had 'em up high, above the air-bag key hole.

What kind of fogs are you using! Stock style or aftermaket?

I spent almost a year getting this stuff together for my fog lights, but I wanted the factory look. The lower valance wasn't that hard to find, but the price was stupid. Want a 'no-hole' valance? $20.00! One with tow hook holes? $20.00. The one with the fog light holes? $65.00!!! Like WTF?
I was lucky with the lights, though. I found an actual set of NOS ones! Brand new, never mounted, still in the GM box. $125.00 for the pair. They came with 55w bulbs, but I've upgraded those to 130w.'s Retina rippers!
After I got all this together, I figured that I had done all the hard part. Wrong. Try finding a harness for this! GM disontinued that several years ago. Even the parts guy at the oldest dealership in Western Canada, who usually takes a lot of the discontinued parts home, didn't have one. Him & I spent three days going through his inventory.
So now I've got Baron (Mean Green) making me up one. Good thing too, because apparently I would have burned up the harness right quick with that set of bulbs! Yay, Baron!
Hope there is some info in my meandering babbling for you be able to get your fogs up & running!
AL.D.

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya dont get me started on some of those ebay sellers! ive been an ebay member since 2000, ive seen it all, as many times as ive argued about shipping with people there is always a handful of sellers that come out and say "oh you poor canadians, your always complaing about shipping prices"

excuse me ?? i know what it costs and what it takes to ship something..

im not even sure what fogs i want to run but i would like them in the lower valence im all about stock looking as well.. i did but a couple sets of your common joe stock looking ones, i MIGHT run 2 sets of those im not sure yet..

just need a guy that has wired one up to tell me what the pins are..

the switch that i have is one that mounts where the passenger airbag on/off is, so im hoping to mount it above my cargo light switch

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
herea what i found, someone please correct me if im wrong

terminal F to grey dimmer wire
terminal E ground
terminal D turns the light on in the switch (basically this is the POWER OUT of the relay to turn the fogs on and the light in the switch)
terminal C power in from Brown lights wire or ignition
terminal A is the other side of C to power a relay

sounds like a date to me

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is my vertical stock foglight switch and harness... I am looking to relocate to the 4x4 bezel I already bought that switch and plug but the wiring is wat I gotta figure out if any1(mean green :) ) can help me I'd appreciate it...

Last edited: