Flooring Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
my truck didnt have carpet in it when i got it so i went out and bought some rock it liner that can be colored/tinted to match whatever you want. ill be adding 4oz of blue to mine and spraying that all over the floors and just reassembling the interior. wont fade, chip, discoler, and if it gets dirty itll just wash right off.

Nice. I've ordered the carpet, if this was going to be just a 4x4 rig, i'd go with the polyvinyl or purely just rockgaurd the floor. Will get some sound deadening mats as well to get er nice n quiet again. Think I'm taking the truck in more of a DD/practicality direction rather than 4x4. Think I'll get another OBS 4x4 eventually and aim for the muck, haha.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
mines a DD as well and the stuff i bought was used on many friends vehicles both inside and out and it really helped with sound deadening and its not rough like most bedliners, its smooth and almost soft. its also tintable so it will give me the feeling of blue carpet, without the hassle of clean up and stronger durability because lets be honest, how many times do i not where shoes while driving.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
My truck has the rubber floor and I love it. It's incredibly simple to keep clean and doesn't stain. It's the original rubber from 93 and doesn't have a single crack or tear.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Well I had the factory flooring before and it was really worn out. Going to try the carpet this time, i'll get some years out of it for sure, maybe not quite as many as the previous but hey, i'd like to soften up the feel in the interior

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Both my trucks have the original rubber style flooring. For my DD, the blue one, it's staying, just 'cause it's so easy to clean. The other one I'm gonna make up a complete carpet kit. In red 'loop' carpet. For 2 reasons. I can't get a decent color match to the rest of the interior in 'cut' pile, & I think that 'loop' carpet looks more 'automotive'. These trucks never came with 'loop' carpet, so technically, it's wrong! Which is why I'm using it, & because I can!
You guys with carpet, you should know that you actually have to keep your carpet cleaner when you have mats over top. Any dirt in the carpets gets ground into it by the mats as they move around. They don't have to move much. Even just a bit of movement as you get in & out, will cause the carpet to wear out faster. Doesn't happen overnight, but it does shorten the lifespan of the carpet. Keep that carpet clean!

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine has the rubber floor in it,,, i love it,,it was somewhat of a selling point to me,,, my truck sees alot of mud and snow,,, so some that is easy to clean out if always a must have,, nothing like grabbing the hose and spraying the mud out,,,!!..

You must be registered for see images attach

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya, I always sprayed the mud out with the hose aswell :shrug: I'll keep it nice & clean. Thinking about set of the deep weather-tech mats which'll prevent most wet/muck/snow/dirt from getting on the carpet.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine has the rubber floor in it,,, i love it,,it was somewhat of a selling point to me,,, my truck sees alot of mud and snow,,, so some that is easy to clean out if always a must have,, nothing like grabbing the hose and spraying the mud out,,,!!..

You must be registered for see images attach

if you spray it out with a hose how isnt the little lip that holds the seal and the little "channel" under the trim pieces ate to hell with rust? The state trucks around here had the vinyl floor and you take it out and the screws were rusted into the holes, the little lip was gone and looked like hell...even the c1500s which werent used in salt all that much

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anytime i spray my truck out i always use a couple of towels to dry it up as much as i can,,, but ,, ill be honest around here those screws rust in the holes and are impossible to get out of almost any car,,, i just replaced the carpet in my 95 camaro,, and i had to drill out more than half of those screws.... my dad had an 88 rcss 4x4 fofr many many years,, it had the rubber floor in it and he always sprayed it out and never had any issues

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975