Flex-a-lite e-fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone on here ran Flex-a-lite e-fans? If so what do you think, and did you need to upgrade your alternator and if so to what? I've got a small system that's it, I know you can get fans off different vehicles to make your own, but just want a kit that comes with everything needed and I know its not a cheap kit either

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BigV

Reaction score
I've used both Flex-a-lite and generic chinese fans. This is one case where you get what you pay for. Flex-a-lite is hand made in the USA using better quality materials. The dual fan setup for the OBS draws 20 to 25 amps when BOTH fans are running. The chinese fans I've used can draw that much each. The shroud provided by Flex-a-lite around the radiator gets the air moving as well.

I put a chinese one on a jeep and it failed by the end of the first season. It could not take the mud and sand the jeep was subjecting it to. In contrast the Flex-a-lite that replaced it has been on for almost 5 years now and no glitches.

You can piece together a setup using salvage yard oem parts and get something working cheaper. It takes a bit of metal work to build a proper shroud. A shroud is needed to get full air draw across the radiator. Just mounting a couple of fans on the radiator without one greatly reduces the efficiency. Personally I would spend the extra money for a quality setup.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran a Flex-a-lite kit on one of my Toyotas that was made specifically for the truck it worked very well and fit perfect and I didnt need to upgrate the charging system. I realy like the setup they have for the 88-98s there just alitte too expensive for me

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've used both Flex-a-lite and generic chinese fans. This is one case where you get what you pay for. Flex-a-lite is hand made in the USA using better quality materials. The dual fan setup for the OBS draws 20 to 25 amps when BOTH fans are running. The chinese fans I've used can draw that much each. The shroud provided by Flex-a-lite around the radiator gets the air moving as well.

I put a chinese one on a jeep and it failed by the end of the first season. It could not take the mud and sand the jeep was subjecting it to. In contrast the Flex-a-lite that replaced it has been on for almost 5 years now and no glitches.

You can piece together a setup using salvage yard oem parts and get something working cheaper. It takes a bit of metal work to build a proper shroud. A shroud is needed to get full air draw across the radiator. Just mounting a couple of fans on the radiator without one greatly reduces the efficiency. Personally I would spend the extra money for a quality setup.

Thanks for the info, that's what I'm thinking its not a cheap setup but its bolt up and go and is made to work for the correct vehicle

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran a Flex-a-lite kit on one of my Toyotas that was made specifically for the truck it worked very well and fit perfect and I didnt need to upgrate the charging system. I realy like the setup they have for the 88-98s there just alitte too expensive for me

Thanks for the info, I hear you on that there pricey