fixing to buy a 4/6 kit... need some info please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

first picture was just me and my son cleaning the frame

you can see the size of tire im running 295/50/15

the other 2 is the flip i put together with the shock holes in the bottom plate.. tomorrow im doing the c-notch that i built and doing the upper shock mounts. i plan on running a peice of 1'' 1/2 .095 wall DOM tubbing from one side of the frame to the other.. then mounting my heim shock mounts on it.. after that i will box as much of the frame as i can... then comes the sway bar...

anyone got any ideas on a sway bar i can get off something to fit the rear of the truck.. also is a 1 ton truck sway bar bigger in the front then the one i have now??

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
anyone got any ideas on a sway bar i can get off something to fit the rear of the truck.. also is a 1 ton truck sway bar bigger in the front then the one i have now??

I used a rear sway bar from a suburban, although the aftermarket ones, such as fastorange's, probably work better. Anything is better than not having one at all. As far as the 1-ton's size of sway bar, not sure. I did find in my wrecking yard trips, that a truck that comes with just a front sway bar, has a larger one, than a truck that came with both front & rear bars.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

frame has been boxed and the thats the shocks im running... pro shocks with a 6/6 valve...

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i will have pix of the shock mount set up tomorrow.... couldnt get to it today with the rain we been getting after 3 months with out any... lol race car is in the shop so the truck in outside....

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last edited:

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lmao that funny... I was just talking wheels with the wife also.. I'm hard set on those wheels cuz alot of people already have coy's so I seen these and they go with my theme of road racing.. Or pro touring..

I think I mite use that vett grey that was shown on the other tread.. What you got in mind lol

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

I LIKE those! They looked good 20 years ago & will, still, 20 years from now. They are not a wheel that, even, 5 years from now, some one will look at and say "You bought those in 20XX..."
Not only that, but they look fairly easy to clean. NO toothbrush time!

That's why it took me over 2 years to decide on the wheels that I did (finally!) get.