fixing to buy a 4/6 kit... need some info please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah but I don't want soft springs in the front.. I'm trying to get it to handle like a vett.. Lol

With the springs I have now it bounces in the front and leans bad when I take a corner.. I have new sway bar bushings..

If it bounces, then you have hard springs already, maybe even too hard. If it leans with new bushings, hell, if it bounces it shouldn't be leaning anyways unless 1) you have bad body bushings/supports or 2) your tire sidewalls are too soft. These are the usual causes of body roll: soft springs, not strong enough sway bars, bad bushings up front, bad body bushings, tires with too soft of sidewalls, too soft of rear suspension(usually worn out leafs). If anyone else can think of anything, be my guest.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
all front end bushings are good to go... body mounts are ok just looked at them today... the front just seems to be soft like it floats and if i hit a dip in the road its like im in a old school caddy lol... i have new shocks but there not to good of a brand... my tires are 295/50/15 on the stock wheels...

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
all front end bushings are good to go... body mounts are ok just looked at them today... the front just seems to be soft like it floats and if i hit a dip in the road its like im in a old school caddy lol... i have new shocks but there not to good of a brand... my tires are 295/50/15 on the stock wheels...

Ok I see what you mean by it bounces, I thought you were saying it literally bounces(like a rigid). Ok, then your spring rate is too damn soft, and it's straining your sway bar too much. Upgrade to harder springs, usually thicker spring "wire" makes for harder springs.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i wish i could pick my own spring rate like i can with my race car.... i just wondering if i get 3" drop springs for a V8 they will be stiffer then the 2" drop spring for a V6?? and still give me 2" drop...

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Not sure of the weight difference when it comes to spring rate.....I guesstimate the V6 engine weighs about 20% less than a 305, so I'm thinking you'll get between 2-3" probably, and it should be a stiffer ride.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, before installing, see what the spring wire thickness is, if it's thicker, it should give it a firmer ride.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i just got the rear flipped.. came out nice... i will post some pix after i get the shocks done... i just ordered the front stuff today should be here in 2 days....

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
you going with the 6" only in rear? and yes, the 6" is a really nice stance, especially for static.

I've never done this, but I can imagine the inability to drive if you did the flip kit along with the 3 bolt-on drops for the leaf setup: 6" flip, 5" drop springs, 2" shackles, 2" hangers.....15" total drop o_O where the hell would your axle be?

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you lost me on that one boss lol

im just doing a 6 in the rear and moving the shocks.... the front im doing a 4.... as of right now the rear is 7" cuz i still have my rear shakles on set to the bottom hole... i want to see what it looks like when i get the bed on it...