Finally... My very own build thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loss4wrds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been buying parts when on sale and picking up one thing here and one thing there for almost 5 years now.
Finally got most everything I needed and I have gotten started.

What I already had:
1995 K1500 with 185k miles
K&N FIPK intake
1.5" Throttle Body spacer
AFPR set to 13.75 PSI
Big block 3" CAT into Borla muffler
GM reman 4l60E trans with about 10k mi on it and a great warantee

Parts I will be installing:
6in full drop TrailMaster IFS lift used $300
All new hardware $100
ORD shackle flip and 1" 0-rate $200
4* shim $40
all new Moog BallJoints and TieRod ends $450
10-bolt w/4.56 gears and Eaton Posi, matching front diff, and CV's all with under 10k mi $500
new Bilstein 5100's all the way around $300
4 brand new 375/65R16 MTZ's $800
4 custom offset Black Rock Lobo wheels $450
new Doug Thorley tri-y headers and y-pipe $250
255lph fuel pump $100
Stainless steel Brake lines $100
new U-bolts and U-bolt flip $50
10 rattle cans of black rustoleum $50
$100 of random parts and fluids.

Took the bed off and got started last week.

You must be registered for see images attach

Installed new fuel pump, shackle flip, 0-rate (moved axle back 1"), 4* shim to set pinion angle, new rear shocks, and the new 10 bolt and tires.

Here are a few just for fun....

36's bolted up to stock truck. Couldn't turn the wheels very much.

Lift installed on the back and the front tires are on a set of low rise ramps, and I rolled one of the new tires over to get an idea of what it will look like when I am done.

Loss4wrds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am taking my step daughter to Louisiana this weekend to spend time with the rest of her family. So there will be little or no progress this weekend. But I talked my dad's friend into letting me use his shop the following weekend. It is an airconditioned shop with a 2 post lift, torches, welder, plumbed air, laithe, and many other tools I am not even sure how to use. Hopefully I can get the front lift and headers installed all in one weekend. So may be a couple weeks before I have another major update but stay tuned.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those bungied lights are awesome lol

Lift is looking like it's going together pretty damn well man!

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck man sure it will look good.

Interesting you went with the 10 bolt.

Loss4wrds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice truck man sure it will look good.

Interesting you went with the 10 bolt.

Had plans for a totally diffrent gear, axle, and locker combo but I came accross this deal. I couldn't pass over.
Gears had less than 10k mi on them. Guy said he thought it was more like 3-4k since the 4.56's went in.
The rear had an eaton posi unit that went in with the gears (not my first pick but by all accounts a good unit)
Rear had fresh brakes and the guy threw in the front CV shafts, pulled the parts off, and loaded them in a trailer for me all for $500
I couldn't hardly buy the gears and install kits for front and rear for $500 let alone the posi unit.
I am hoping that with the clutched posi instead of a locking diff maybe the 10 bolt will hold up to the 36's for a while.
I'm not 16 anymore and don't drive like it either so I have high hopes for it holding up.

Loss4wrds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so here is a pic of my rear shackle angle. Using a yard stick against the bolts to show the angle in relation to the frame.
Due to the location of frame/bed supports and other brackets it looks like it would be a pain in the arse to move the bracket forward an inch to improve the angle.

Do you think it is worth the trouble to move it and improve the angle or does this look ok?

Loss4wrds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
got the truck torn down. Broke a bolt off in the head taking off the exhaust manifold. Going to start with that in the morning.
Tired. going to bed. Here are some quick pics from today.

Putting Dad to work....

Loss4wrds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I freaking HATE ball joints... I must have spent 6hrs today working on ball joints and only got 3 changed.
Busted manifold bolt came out like a charm first thing this morning and I think everything went to sh*t from there.
Got driver side header completely installed, pass side needs to be tightened down and y-pipe connnected. Will have to take it to a shop to have the y-pipe welded to my CAT
Got all the drop brackets installed with new hardware. So that was a little progress.
Still have to battle one more balljoint in the morning then I can assemble the control arms, knuckles and CV's. I have to swap 4wd actuators to my new front diff and stab it in place. Connect up the control arm asemblys, torsion bar drop brackets, torsion bars, brake lines, install the steering and new inner and outer tie rod ends.
If I am awake long enough I will post up some pics later.