Finally got my dream truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good...dont ya hate what the Ont salt does to the aluminum wheels

Indeed. Although these ones have withstood it well. I got some new wheels coming for her anyways.

Damn, I feel for you guys in the rust belt!

Yeah. It sucks. Wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for all the damn salt that gets thrown on the roads around here. If you ask me, a bit of sand and driving a bit slower is all we need. I absolutely hate the salt. But the brine is worse. Can damn near hear your truck rust after that garbage is sprayed on the roads.

Look what its done to my C1500. Its a solid truck mechanically, but that body!

You must be registered for see images attach

On a positive note, my tires arrived today. I was told they would me 4-6 weeks. Manufacturer back order. Turns out Canadian Tires warehouse inventory numbers were wrong. Picked them up this afternoon. DOT #'s show a manufacture date of 2015. Happy to know they are legit new tires.

I know we all know what tires look like, but everyone's gotta like seeing pics.

More parts should arrive this week.

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
Indeed. Although these ones have withstood it well. I got some new wheels coming for her anyways.

Yeah. It sucks. Wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for all the damn salt that gets thrown on the roads around here. If you ask me, a bit of sand and driving a bit slower is all we need. I absolutely hate the salt. But the brine is worse. Can damn near hear your truck rust after that garbage is sprayed on the roads.

Salt Belt unite!

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
We all know what tires look like, but new tires are always nice to look at.

It's a good feeling to be achieving your goals! Congratulations!

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hope to achieve my dream truck while I can still enjoy it. Problem with my dream truck is that it doesnt exist naturally, so I have to build it...

But congrats on your dream.

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Girlfriend got me tool box for my truck for my birthday. This girl knows how to make her man happy.

Goes great with the chrome bumpers and bug deflector. Very happy with it.

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More parts arrived today. Wheels and all my front end and engine parts. Took the tires and wheel to have them mounted and balanced today. Just waiting for the lift to arrive now and I can tear into her.

Will be starting a proper build thread once I get her up on a hoist.

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A week of nights and all day Saturday, but she is finally done. Well, almost. Still need to hit up an exhaust shop to have the y-pipe modified to clear the front drive shaft, and have them do up a dual exhaust with Flowmaster 40's.

Diddn't run into any issues at all with the lift. All went very smoothly. Diddn't take as many pics of progress as I would've liked, but I'm sure most of you can understand its just not on your mind when your in the grove of working.

Its great to finally be driving it.

Parts pile

Half way done the lowers. Turnsout they ahd already been done before. No big deal. Now I know they are good for sure.

T-bars would not come out of the keys or lowers. So I dropped them in one piece.

Almost there. Left the rear/easy part for the last.

All done! What a week!

Sitting next to rusty, my beater, waiting for an alignment.