Finally got my dream truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been looking for a clean, well taken care of 4x4 GMT400 for about a year now. Found one locally about a week ago. Went and had a look in person, and all I could say was wow. She is in beautiful shape for the year, and more importantly my geographical location. I live in Southern Ontario [the rust belt].

1998 GMC 1500 Z71, 350, Auto, ECSB. 182,000 kms, 14 bolt SF rear axle, 3:73 gears, oil sprayed every year since new, and body was just refinished this past summer. Interior is also in very nice condition.

Picked her up for $6500 certified.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

As I said earlier, I've been searching for a truck exactly like this for a long time now and I've got plans for it. Ordered a lot of stuff for it today.

6" Rough Country Lift w/ steering stabilizer
3" Summit Racing Body Lift
Pro Comp 16x8 Black Aluminum Wheels [4" backspacing]
315/75R16 Mickey Tompson MTZ tires
Pro Comp Extended Stainless front and rear flex lines
Complete new front end - All Moog parts [upper+ lower ball joints, inner/outer tie rods, idler arm, pitman arm, wheel bearings, stab links]
OE Front Brakes [pads/rotors/calipers] and a NBS Master Cylinder
Lower intake gaskets, valve cover gaskets, and OE water pump
OE plugs, wires, cap, and rotor
All new fluids

May or may not install the body lift. Doing the suspension lift first, and then I'll decide. If I dont end up using it, I know a few people that will scoop it up in no time.

Got a lot of work ahead of me, but the final product will be my version of the perfect truck. I'm looking forward to the build, and will do my best to take photos along the way and continue to update this thread with my progress.

Last edited:

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet man. Definitely keep us updated with pics and keep up with spraying the oil so you can keep it rust free.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Congrats man. Reminds me a bit of my truck... You could start a build thread separately on here if you wish. I'm looking forward to seeing the progression for sure.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Looks like you've already laid out a sweet plan for it, I wish I could order my 6" RCX. haha. Looking forward to the build!

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Congrats, truck looks really nice! I like your plans too (minus the bodylift, not a fan). I wish I could get a 6" RCX lift on mine too, but shipping across the pond, custom fees n taxes lands the price at around twise the amount...

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Congrats, truck looks really nice! I like your plans too (minus the bodylift, not a fan). I wish I could get a 6" RCX lift on mine too, but shipping across the pond, custom fees n taxes lands the price at around twise the amount...

Yeah. Undecided on the body lift. Will be decided once the 6" lift is in weather or not i do it or not.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. I doubt you'll need or want the body lift once the 6" is on. I ran the same size tires on mine with JUST a body lift and liked the height.