Finally got around to doing the thing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually have a 6.0L and had a LSA to go on it. Decided to keep the Gen1 because the LSA blown LS would have been impossible to do anything with. The Gen1 engine Express vans have the smallest engine compartment out of the 3 designs. The LS vans are wider around the engine. I actually also bought an 8.1, headers and a cam to swap into it first back in 2015 and had everything to swap it in, but chickend out on cutting the firewall and the floor.
Random, question. I am trying to figure out an existing tune where timing is really high in lower rpms. Engine runs good as is, but timing tables seem to be excessive. Wondering if you might have any thoughts on why it might take 40* of timing by 1200rpm

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Random, question. I am trying to figure out an existing tune where timing is really high in lower rpms. Engine runs good as is, but timing tables seem to be excessive. Wondering if you might have any thoughts on why it might take 40* of timing by 1200rpm
What engine are we talking about? My sisters stock 03 5.3 Tahoe ran up to 56* of timing.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What engine are we talking about? My sisters stock 03 5.3 Tahoe ran up to 56* of timing.
408 ls. I think the 40*-35* at 400-1000rpm range to try and deal with idle. When idling, it was essentially a saw tooth graph of the spark advance. I rebuilt the table more based of more common layout and it helped with smoothing idle out some.