Finally Found One LQ4 + 4L80E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Roger that, do what ya can when ya can, eh!
One of these days I might huck some questions your way as once I get a little more edu-macated about the GMT400 LS Swaps..

Im still learning everyday but I am here to answer any questions that I have the current knowledge to answer correctly.

The wiring is the only thing I am focusing on right now. Figuring out what wires I need and dont need. All I can say is... LT1SWAP.COM

2 more bolts and the motor comes out. Just have to find a couple bolts to bolt to the motor for a chain to lift it out of the denali.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Its finally out. The trans is the only thing I need out. Not really in a hurry though. Unless I can find someone with a 2wd 4L65E wanting to trade for an AWD 4L65E.

You must be registered for see images attach

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to get the trans out of the Denali. I was robbed. The VIN & RPO code said it had a 4L65E. Turns out they were both wrong.

Since my truck has a 4L60E, I will be keeping it in the truck till I break it and use this as a spare. I need to get rid of the transfer case right now. I have no use for it.

We will be pulling the rear end once the Denali gets scrapped and I will do a swap for the beefier rear end and at the same time I will use rotors from a 98 C2500 so I can have 6 lugs up front as well.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Well actually....I was told that GM was putting stronger internals in the 60E cases and calling them 4L65E and not changing the casting on the case only to go behind more powerful motors.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Some progress , small but some.

Cleaned the motor.

Bath #1

Bath #2

Painted the Motor mounts

Self Etch Primer

Painted Satin Black

Can I just say how much I HATE the new photobucket?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Minor tear down lead to more than I wanted to. Pulling the heads next.

The intake gaskets were dry rotted & cracked and water got into the heads during its bath.

But at least I can clean it up some more now.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Took the heads off and cleaned some more.

And my pile of stuff in a corner of my work bay.

Still deciding on if I want to do a cam as I am already this far and now would be the perfect time to do it. Next I need to order all the gaskets to put this back together.

This all began when I pulled the intake to start the wiring and hide it under the intake and make it a nice neat & clean install. I am REALLY glad I pulled it. I never would have seen all that needed attention. The intake gaskets were dry rotted and cracked to hell causing water to leak in from when I hosed it down. Aside form the fuel pressure regulator dumping fuel up the vacuum line and straight into the intake, and filling the oil pan with gas, making it run rough and eventually not start I can only imagine that the cracked gaskets werent helping.