fighting gremlins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so come to find out that I did indeed have v6 injectors... ...this has been since remedied with proper injectors... ...went with davis unified dizzy and coil.
Seems reasonable. Davis is expensive, but I'm told their customer service is good.

also new wire set, ac Delco junk with some being cracked straight from the box they a peice parted together with wires from other sets no doubt contributing to my current issue, as well as a few others, mainly wire management. any recommendations on wires and wire separators?
You've already replaced the wires, but now you want to replace them again???

I've been buying the Summit house-brand wire sets for the last number of installations I've done. Before that, MSD Super Conductors--but they're really expensive; and so far I've been every bit as satisfied with the Summit-brand wires. The ones I get are cut-to-fit, so they end up exactly the length I want them. They're supplied with the crimping tool, cheap wire looms, and the terminals and boots. They're available in several colors, and with various boot angles.
One of several examples:

There's dozens of suppliers of plug wire looms. Most of them are much too "bling" for me. MAYBE GM still has the OEM wire looms; or perhaps you could get them from a Treasure Yard. The point here is that you need to look up the plug wire routing in the service manual. Route your wires EXACTLY as shown in the manual, especially #5 and #7.

also have since added jet afpr set to roughly 13 psi, only verified by a wonky pressure gauge that sits at 3-4psi while just sitting.
Get another pressure gauge, that actually works. Adjust the regulator as needed.

... small crack in drivers side exhaust manifold
Which is very likely screwing-up the O2 sensor by adding additional air (oxygen) to the exhaust stream.

all in all the truck is running great,
Good news.

I'm trying to find the sweet spot for the time tho as the truck doesn't seem to want to run at 0degrees with the est unplugged. it will run but is gutless and backfires, no I haven't verified tdc on the balancer
That would be high on the priority list. The truck should run just fine at idle with the timing at "0" and the timing wire disconnected. When reconnected, the timing advance should increase to somewhere around 10--15 degrees.

I'm going to redo my valve adjustment later today and maybe I'll add that to me to do list.
OK.