Fair price for truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSCO76

Reaction score
I'm near Ann Arbor, MI and would have seriously entertained $9-$10K. I bought this '90 454SS in June. Found it in Flint, MI, was looking at 2 other trucks that day, one for $13k the other for $11.5k. just happened to be in the right place at the right time on this one. 46k original miles, beautiful condition, picked it up for $9k.
GLWS, I wouldn't post it for less than $10k.

You must be registered for see images attach

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm near Ann Arbor, MI and would have seriously entertained $9-$10K. I bought this '90 454SS in June. Found it in Flint, MI, was looking at 2 other trucks that day, one for $13k the other for $11.5k. just happened to be in the right place at the right time on this one. 46k original miles, beautiful condition, picked it up for $9k.
GLWS, I wouldn't post it for less than $10k.

You must be registered for see images attach
Hope your not gonna butcher it and lower it. I have seen too many of these factory 454SS trucks cut up into customs, then the owner talks about its "pedigree" I end up laughing because once you take a torch to the stock numbers matching frame, and start doing permanent alterations to it, that "pedigree" everyone talks so much about goes right out the window.

Seen a guy at a car show once with a back halved 70 chevelle SS 454. It was "numbers matching" and the dude butchered it. Whatever it may have been worth as a restored example went right out the window on that one as soon as he made it into a street freak.

Have seen that with all makes. Shook my head at the pro street 69 Dodge Dart GTS. Factory built M code 440 car. Cant fake this one the engine code is part of the Vin number. It was 1 of approx 500 made. Again pedigree? What pedigree. That went right out the window the moment you took a torch to it and back halved that car then stuck a Dana 60 under it lol.

I got a friend right now restoring an M code 1969 440 'Cuda fastback, another 1 of 500 car. It was a back halved race car. The solution with the unibody construction and back halve issue ended up being purchasing a stripped roller 1969 318 barracuda, cutting the body off from the firewall forward, and sliding it under the body of this one from the firewall back, then installing new AMD rear quarter skins and trunk drops. This kept the 2 Vin partial numbers stamped in the body intact as well as the dash vin. Had a body shop done this for him it would have cost him dearly but worth it for a $60K collector car.

Last edited:

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Honestly my man YOU PLAN FLIPPING CRAZY if you let that go for $4000! She’s a fine piece of truck I’d say keep it a lil longer if you not having to sell it but if so no less than $6500 imo! Because you might as well tale a low ball if you don’t the right person will show up knowing what they buying and knowing they getting a great older truck that you just can’t find anywhere and put in on bring a trailer with a reserve but hey I’m in somewhat same boat with my 2000 Escalade but I have 5X miles but looks like 50k.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
One more thing if you feel strongly enough about getting it to a good home take her up to area or do consignment deal with someone in a northern state to where ya both feel good on price and her going on to next home just a thought.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd say that truck with everything fixed and ready to go would bring $9 - $10K at the Rod Run at Pigeon Forge TN for example. Don't really run in those circles anymore but I saw vehicles in nowhere near what condition yours appears to be in bring similar money. Not sure how the rona is affecting that market now though.

I’ll tell you how it’s affecting the market. It’s driving the price of used cars through the roof. I was looking to pick up a v10 ford crew cab 4x4....last year you could pick them up all day long for 5/6k. Now 8/12k.
Same with GM trucks. 20 year old trucks are doubled in price. And some of them are absolutely trashed and people, demand top dollar for them.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly my man YOU PLAN FLIPPING CRAZY if you let that go for $4000! She’s a fine piece of truck I’d say keep it a lil longer if you not having to sell it but if so no less than $6500 imo! Because you might as well tale a low ball if you don’t the right person will show up knowing what they buying and knowing they getting a great older truck that you just can’t find anywhere and put in on bring a trailer with a reserve but hey I’m in somewhat same boat with my 2000 Escalade but I have 5X miles but looks like 50k.
Are you replying to me (drewcrew) ?

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Yes if it’s you with the black reg cab for sale at $4000 if not then no lol