Fair price for truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Out here in So Cal that truck would go for about 7/8k. Low mileage lowered black and wheels.

I haven't tried to sell it yet. I've been thinking about selling it the last few days. The problem is replacing it without spending a fortune.

that’s usually the problem. If you have a nice truck unless you’re willing to blow some cash out gonna find people want lot for beat up trucks.

Last edited:

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Out here in So Cal that truck would go for about 7/8k. Low mileage lowered black and wheels.

that’s usually the problem. If you have a nice truck unless you’re willing to blow some cash out gonna find people want lot for beat up trucks.
There have been a couple trucks around here that sold for $5000+ that needed a lot of work. Both were high mileage that needed some bodywork and mechanical repairs. Amazes me.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There have been a couple trucks around here that sold for $5000+ that needed a lot of work. Both were high mileage that needed some bodywork and mechanical repairs. Amazes me.

like anything else....you can buy a vehicle that isn’t as common. And less and less of these trucks are available. Especially if you wanna be year correct. Let’s face it A 1989 GMT400 is 30 years old. I’m betting there are only 10% of what was built then running around today.
And insurance companies don’t see them as valuable so theire totaling them out. Rarity and desire can make for a good price. Look at the prices the square body is demanding these days

Armalite15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd say that truck with everything fixed and ready to go would bring $9 - $10K at the Rod Run at Pigeon Forge TN for example. Don't really run in those circles anymore but I saw vehicles in nowhere near what condition yours appears to be in bring similar money. Not sure how the rona is affecting that market now though.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had a few square bodies over the years and I should have kept them. The 87 I had was the one I wish I kept. I was the second owner and it was in excellent shape. Oh well, wishing won't bring it back,
like anything else....you can buy a vehicle that isn’t as common. And less and less of these trucks are available. Especially if you wanna be year correct. Let’s face it A 1989 GMT400 is 30 years old. I’m betting there are only 10% of what was built then running around today.
And insurance companies don’t see them as valuable so theire totaling them out. Rarity and desire can make for a good price. Look at the prices the square body is demandin
like anything else....you can buy a vehicle that isn’t as common. And less and less of these trucks are available. Especially if you wanna be year correct. Let’s face it A 1989 GMT400 is 30 years old. I’mi betting there are only 10% of what was built then running around today.
And insurance companies don’t see them as valuable so theire totaling them out. Rarity and desire can make for a good price. Look at the prices the square body is demanding these days

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a 1991 Chev swb fleetside. 51,600 miles, not 151,600. Black with red interior. 350, auto, p/s, p/b, pw, pdl, air, tilt,and cruise. Original paint except for driver side door. No rust. Lowered 4/6. 2 sets of wheels and tires. 1 set are GM rallye wheels. 15"x 7" on front and 15x8 on rear. Front tires are BFG 215 x 70 x15 and rears are BFG 285 x 70 x 15. Summer set are the same size tires mounted on 5 spoke Rev wheels 15 x7 and 15 x8. Look almost exactly like Americans. Rev had the off-set I needed but American didn't. Roll rear pan. If you guys would give me what you think would be a fair price I'd appreciate it. Thanks. Headliner is sagging and the dash has a couple small cracks.
Did you end up keeping the truck?