Factory head unit clock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
This model Delco radio keeps presets even if disconnected. The clock will reset if it doesn't have that constant power when the truck is off.

This. Start by checking the Radio Batt fuse on the side of your dash.

Also, like great white said, USA Spec makes an iPod adapter for that radio, so does PAC.

BUT... if you just want to add an auxiliary input on the cheap... we have a write-up for that: http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?198-Adding-AUX-Input-to-OBS-Stock-Radio

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Does that plug directly in to that aux plug in the back if your factory stereo?

Plugs in place of your external CD.

Allows you to control the ipod from the factory radio. You press "aux" and it starts playing from the ipod.

The stock radio also does next/previous on the ipod.

You can still use the ipod controls while plugged in if you wish. Handy for accessing playlists and whatnot.

Lastly, it charges your ipod while plugged in.

Works hunky dorey with my iphone 4S. When I'm doing things like gps nav with tomtom (on the iphone) the voice directions mute the music, then out through the radio and the music then unmutes. Nice little feature.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awsome guys thanks I will go check my fuse real quick and I I will have to find a place to order the I pod adapter.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just checked my fuses and both of them are good, is it possible that since the HU is out of an 01 that the wireing between the 2 different years may be a little different? My truck originally came with just a AM FM tape HU.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
There are no differences in wiring on that generation Delco. I had that same one in my 99 GMT400 that came from a GMT800. Plug and play.

Sounds like you need to break out the good ol' test light.

Here are the connector pinouts for this stereo (it's actually 2 connectors)
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks like you need to verify Pin 10 (orange wire) on connector C1 (black)

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Dave! Ill check that out this weekend. Its wierd that I didnt have any issues with my old Delco HU. Thats why im stumped.