Factory Deck output?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So Im putting in a set of RE Audio Components. Truck is a 95 Silverado with all the Optional Stereo Equipment. Now Will the new components be too under powered by the factory HU/Amp? They're 110WRMS and 200W Peak. I'll be doing a new headunit eventually, I just like keeping it look stock.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's something like bose "premium" audio? If so then yes they will be underpowered. It's simple to bypass the stock amp and install a 4channel with minimal wiring.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I don't think Bose was available yet for 1995 Silverado's. At least I've never seen them.
You will get sound out of the RE Audio speakers, with the factory head unit, but it won't be much better than the factory speakers. The sound quality will be slightly better but it won't get louder. They may even require more volume compared to the factory speakers. Whatever you do, do not drive the volume up to the point of distortion. You will kill your shiny new speakers.
A new aftermarket head unit will help, watt per channel wise, but it's not much more than the factory head unit.
I agree with SCOTTYINWV, adding an amp with high level inputs, would be best for powering the RE's.
You can run RCA cables to the amp when you get a new aftermarket head unit.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Very underpowered. There are speakers that work better with low power. Yours will very likely be much quieter than the factory speakers.

Your average generic radio will put out about 10 watts or so per channel. Many new cars put out a hell of a lot more than that, especially high end cars with better sound systems. The speakers you are buying were designed to run off an amp with a 110w continuous rating and will sound much better.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah I know about Car Audio and Amps and all that, Was just wondering what the output of the factory Premium Headunit/Amp was. Since I didnt want to go aftermarket quite yet. Guess I will have to with an aftermarket amp also.