Exhaust Opinions

Should I run with the glasspack or stock muffler?

• Cherrybomb Glasspack

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Stock Muffler

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
need opinions, rn on my truck, 94 K1500 with the 350. I have shorty headers, cherrybomb glasspack, no cats and the exhaust cut right behind the cab(let in fumes). Today I got a tailpipe with a stock muffler setup initially thinking id chop off the stock muffler and just put the tailpipe with the cherrybomb. However now im considering putting the stock muffler on it for now. How quiet do yall think it would be with a stock muffler?

Added a poll, also feel free to comment with opinions

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh yeah please can someone, I couldnt find the exhaust subforum. Sorry.

I moved it for you, no problem! FYI the Exhaust section is at the very top of the page once you're in "Engine Performance + Maintenance."

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Magnaflow muffler, with rest of exhaust being stock. Nice deep sound, no drone, and you won't seem like a d-bag to your neighbors (well, at least not because of the exhaust...)

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glasspacks suck, factory mufflers suck, turbo mufflers suck. I'd go with a spiral muffler or a good chambered muffler.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Glasspacks suck, factory mufflers suck, turbo mufflers suck. I'd go with a spiral muffler or a good chambered muffler.

I would take a Dynomax Super Turbo over any chambered muffler, otherwise I would agree.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, but it's not a "true" turbo muffler. I ran one on my RX-7 and it was basically a straight-through muffler, like the Cherry Bomb Salutes I'm running on WCJr. Pretty loud.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys! I am going to find something that isn't too loud and sounds good.

Put the stock muffler on her today. Wayyyy too quiet.

Tried no muffler for a couple minutes and it may have been the worst sounding exhaust Ive ever heard... That cherrybomb was definitely toning the exhaust.