Exhaust manifold bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeekstr

Reaction score
Hi. Trying to replace the driver side exhaust manifold and a bracket between the manifold and the alternator u it s in the way. It is a ***** to take off. Any suggestions? Do I need it? Thanks

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another genius engineer designed something that takes hours instead of minutes. I had to slice into the bracket to replace manifolds 3 times, kept cracking the chinese and vietnamese manifolds cause I wouldn't let off the gas towing up 6% mtn. passes. At first took off as little as possible, had to do it twice cause first time wasn't quite enuff. I did leave the "u" shaped bolt hole, but had to cut that off when I finally put headers on the 383. Did it in such a way that I was able to put the piece of bracket over the manifold stud that sticks out from the block, then bolt it to the main part of the bracket so its as good as new. My old GM trainer (trained truck mechanics at the GM factory) mechanic told me I shouldn't cut it off as then the bracket won't hold the belt steady and will wear out the power steering pump. After thousands of miles, hasn't done it yet. Now I can run 3700 rpm at 50 mph up those passes with no problems, more power too with the headers.