Exhaust Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Not dead set on magnaflow. I've read many posts that recommended them over flowmaster. Thrush soumds food too, from what I've read. Open to suggestions.

I have a magnaflow 18" di/do with x-over and its got a very deep rumble, it vibrates the soffit on any bulding within 30'
Its too loud for me though (headers, mandrel pipe, muffler dumped) I would think you could put about any muffler on to increase the tone, I wouldnt worry about flow since the rest of your setup is stock.
I had dual flows on a stock setup and liked them, kinda wish i woulda kept them. the magnaflow definately flows way better though.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I have true duals 2.5" all the way back with Magnaflows and I'm quite happy with the sound. I ran it dumped for a little while and hated it, but once I added the tail pipes and tips I loved it.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I have true duals 2.5" all the way back with Magnaflows and I'm quite happy with the sound. I ran it dumped for a little while and hated it, but once I added the tail pipes and tips I loved it.

Did it change the sound any or just get rid of it in the cab/drone?

ps: nice truck.. the red and black looks real good:rockit:

slick96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
slick96-what size or model y pipe and thrush are you getting? That's what I want to do.

I'm getting a Dynomax 53097 Y pipe and i guess i'm gonna do with a Flowmaster 50 series muffler

slick96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my exhaust all welded up and it sounds GREAT!!! It sounds just like i was hoping it would. Very mild interior noise, nice low rumble outside.