Exhaust Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

makattakz71

Reaction score
I have a stock 98 Z71. I want to add a 18" magnaflow muffler to give me a little more rumble. I have two 2.25" pipes going in and one 2.75" pipe going out. I don't know much about exhaust, so any help would be great.

Askme42

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What do u need help on? People can't help u if you don't ask specific questions.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Judging by a quick search on Magnaflow's web site you'll have to have a new tail pipe welded onto the new muffler. I don't see a 2.75" exhaust port on any of theirs.

makattakz71

Reaction score
Not dead set on magnaflow. I've read many posts that recommended them over flowmaster. Thrush soumds food too, from what I've read. Open to suggestions.

makattakz71

Reaction score
Has anyone put a performance muffler and kept the rest stock? With two 2.25" going in and one 2.75" going out, what connections should I use?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Spintechs are more expensive, but will flow better that a flowmaster...but if you're just swapping out the muffler and leaving the rest stock, you're not really gonna see any performance gains anyway so if you want the best sound I'd go with Thrush welded (copy of flowmaster) or spintech. I like my magnaflows but I wish they had a little deeper tone

slick96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im gettin ready to put a dynomax Y pipe and a Thrush welded in and keep the factory tailpipe. I just want a nice rumble nothin anoyingly loud