escalade center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2doorfiend

Reaction score
howdy, finally got my hands on an esky center console, but i have a few questions.

I've taken it all apart to repaint it and reupholster.

some of the rubber dealies on the cup holders are ripped/rotting, is there a place i can buy more?

do i need to keep the amp and/or sub? (looks like the sub enclosure has mounting holes to keep it together) I already have another amp and sub set up in my truck, so i dont really need this and have read they're not easy to wire in?

really the only things I'd like to keep working (wiring-wise) is the little security light and the 12v cigarette lighter in the rear. what is all the rest of this wiring for? looks like the sensor wires were cut, what is/was it sensing? also, what is the telephone looking plug on the right side of the console? mounts with a circuit board??

How exactly does the rear cup holder stay up?? i know they are always broken (only one side is broken) but what actually keeps it from just flopping down? this one seems loose.

also, there is a gaping hole in the middle of the console, is this for the 6 disc CD changer? guess i didn't get one. oh well, anyone have any ideas on how to mount a CB in there?

and finally, will i need to drill into the floor to mount this thing? i haven't taken the old one out, so i don't know how many holes/ brackets are already there.

Thanks for any input! I really appreciate it! I have a few pictures i'll upload, but i work out of town, so i rarely have internet access anymore.

also, i dont really know how to attach pictures right lol, so you may end up looking at the truck and my old Cadillac. haha

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• DSC_1080.jpg
    DSC_1080.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_1079.jpg
    DSC_1079.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_1074.JPG
    DSC_1074.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_1071.JPG
    DSC_1071.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_1072.JPG
    DSC_1072.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 31

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The console will clip into the factory Tahoe rear mount and you can sheet metal screw it down through the mounting holes in the big metal bracket. Amp, sub and wiring can all go in the trash. The rubber things in the cup holder if your talking about the ones that are attached to the cup holder ive never seen any for sale and I threw mine away. The rubber that actually sits in the bottom of the cup holder you can sometimes find on ebay. The telephone looking plug is for headphones, If your decent at wires you can make the security light and cigarette lighter to work you just need the plug and wires that plug into them. The big hole is for a cd changer that they came with from the factory.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
You're one of the lucky few that actually has the cupholder!

Mine won't stay closed all the way either - I plan on just gluing it shut.

The rear power socket is easy. Just tap into the orange/black wires behind your existing lighter in the front dash and run it beneath the console back to the new one.

As for the sub - they sound pretty anemic on the factory amp.. But hook it up to your amp, you may be surprised. I completely expected to just toss mine until I hooked it up. I'm running a 600w amp through it. I expected to blow it right away but have been beating the hell out of it for over a year now. Sounds so good I completely took out my 10" sub from the rear of my Yukon.
If you want to hook it up, it's the 2 wire plug that's clipped onto the front edge of the sub enclosure. Just cut the wires and run those to your amp.

2doorfiend

Reaction score
thank you very much, exactly what I needed to hear. I think I'll try and wire it into the 1000w amp i have. and i meant the little floppy side rubber things that you removed, I'll just do the same. thanks!

I didn't even think about tapping into the 12v from the front, I was going to go all the way from the battery :smokin: thank you