Engine Temp and Heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I havn't used the premix as I have a couple of gallons in my shop all the time and when one is empty I just pour half of the new gallon in and fill both with water. For the average driver that just wants to add some coolant it is easier to use premix even if it costs a little more. I have never used distilled water and have been fixing cars for over 45 years. I never heard of using distilled water for coolant only for topping off batteries. Before solid state regulators adding water to a battery was a regular part of service.

So distilled water is just supposed to not have all the minerals and things that tap water has in it, distilled water will help not cause corrosion etc in the system as compared to tap water that may do that. I agree tho, I have used tap water plenty of times and have had no adverse effects from what I know of. But I just use distilled now, its cheap, and i figure why not.

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea im not sure... I don't know the distilling process too well, nor do i have much experience with a dehumidifier. But don't they say not to use that water to water your plants in a garden that you are going to eat...? because of some metal?? or something in the water??

vic_v8

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if the water from a dehumidifier is considered distilled water?

I've done this a few times, just because it was around, but usually I just use tap water.

And to Aleebee, might want to buy a flush bottle and drive it 100 miles or so on it, since you're low anyways.

El Tigre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tap water is only as good as your water supply. Some is okay,and some are awful.
Distilled water is cheap. Why not use it? When system is low,it tends to affect the
heater circuit/system first. Use caution if flushing with temperatures below freezing
as "flush" has zero anti-freeze protection.