Engine knocks when ambient temps around freezing or below

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Burban57

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine knocks away when cold too. **** I even get a faint knock in the summer on cold start up. Been that way for 20k miles , thats how long I have owned it for.

91babyblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Change the oil regularly and I would add a quart of Lucas also.
I was thinking of doing that. I had a noise around the top part lifters passenger side was rumbling away. Groaning sound. more on passeger side. Haven’t started it in a couple weeks. Only 32 degrees outside. I have 10/30 oil. Was thinking of Lucas.

91babyblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get knock type noise. It gets it on both sides of motor??? When cold start. Even in just cold winter garage. When I plug it in for a while it dies less of the sound. Goes away quicker

91babyblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh. Would piston slap sound like a churning sound It’s hard yo describe. Today while it was super warm idling , that sound came back lightly for 10 seconds. , but very slightly ?

91babyblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Almost like rubbing sound When cold uou hear it Gor 4 minutes at high idle cold. Then sound deadens off. Thx for response.