Engine issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KADO4404

Reaction score
New to all this an not sure if this will work but it's worth a shot but I've recently gotten done building my new small block 350 .40 for my 97 k1500 I've gotten the short block and did the rest myself by the book got it in the pickup and carefully drove it 300 miles before the camshaft sensor flew a code and a misfire happened by the plug wire burning. Fixed them both now its running a rough idle and seems to have a light knock (which i hate to say) I've tried another new sensor. MAF sensor, plugs and plug wires and i just seem to be lost on the whole thing. Again my sure if this will work anything but it's worth a shot thanks!

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Since you got a short block and bolted the heads to it, that is what you did, correct? You said you got done building and then in the next breath you said you got a short block, so that is confusing. Was the rest of the sensors all new and all new plugs and wires and distributor cap/rotor? Did you replace the spark plug that had the burned wire? You need to remove all plugs and do a compression test on all cylinders. Who did the short block for you?

KADO4404

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Since you got a short block and bolted the heads to it, that is what you did, correct? You said you got done building and then in the next breath you said you got a short block, so that is confusing. Was the rest of the sensors all new and all new plugs and wires and distributor cap/rotor? Did you replace the spark plug that had the burned wire? You need to remove all plugs and do a compression test on all cylinders. Who did the short block for you?
My apologies! Should have re-read that fully before posting, although I replaced all plugs and wires I did also replace the distributor I ran it for not even 5 minutes it still is rough at idle but I appreciate the help and I'll try a compression test on all cylinders and see where that gets me! Again thank you for the help!!!