Egr tube stuck on intake (vortec 5.7)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The egr tube nut wouldn't come off my intake when I was doing the gaskets so I cut it off. But I still cant get the damn thing off the manifold. It just wants to round off and deform. I heated it with a heat gun. Tried penetrating lubricant. I even called two machine shops to see if they will extract it and apperantly they dont do that around here. I have a new egr tube ready to install but it wont go on if I dont get this one off.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
2000 Yukon Denali with a 350.... I'm guessing 1994 is when he was born, not the year of his truck. I've never looked at the EGR tube on the 350. I think Dorman has one available, but it's a good thing he doesn't have a 454. The EGR tube for it is discontinued, and Dorman doesn't make one.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You might try heating it with a propane torch, then try to remove.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cut off the tube flush with the fitting. Find a 6 point socket that just barely doesn't fit. Beat it on there with a hammer. Use at least a propane torch and an impact gun to remove it.