ECM, Chips, Moates Burn 2, etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some stuff that's been laying around for a couple years which I'll probably never use again.
1 - 1227747 ECM with a ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket that uses the SST 27SF512 flash chips (I paid $135 about 2-1/2 years ago).

5 - Blank SST 27SF512 flash chips (Moates wants $9 ea)

1 - Moates Burn 2 chip reader/flasher (Moates wants $85)

1 - TBI Chips Stage C Level 1 .bin I flashed on an SST 27SF512 chip for this ECM (I originally paid $301 0n 12/27/18) I also added Highway Lean Cruise and EGR delete to it. I'll include the .bin file with it. It was suggested to use an 18LB spring in the TB. Disclaimer; use at your own risk, YMMV!

1 - Stock AMUR chip in its plastic holder and a spare holder (maybe worth $25? The plastic holders are NLA) This chip is for a 5.7L with a 700R4 trans. This chip will go directly into a stock 7747 ECM (without the ZIF socket)

You must be registered for see images attach

I have no idea what this stuff is worth, make me an offer here or by PM. I don't expect to get rich but, I don't wanna just give it away, these things don't take up a lot of room:D

ottosquality

Reaction score
Are each of these items still available? I know its been a while since this post was made. I'm looking for a stock ECU, PROM, mem-Cal. I suppose the Moates Burn 2 chip reader/flasher is necessary to set the mem-cal to the specific bin file to match equipment on the truck. I see Moates is out of business now. Would flashing the chip be a diffucult process for the beginner with only the wayback machine of moates to guide by (no direct customer support)?