Who can tune a stock ECM? Keeping OBD1, 700R4 to 4L80E L29 or 0411?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RanchWelder

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people have posted that it is possble to swap out my 700R4 and install a 4L80E using the L29 or 0411 ECM?

Own the L29.
Will it work or not?

The questions are:

1) Has anyone sucessfully used either ECM to control the transmission, without altering the OBD1?
2) Which ECM can be easily reprogrammed to remove VATS and swap the gear ratio from 4:10 to 3:73?
2) Which part number pigtail works foir this application for the 4L80E?

Summit has several listed and I'm not certain which one will work for my 1999 GNT400 4L80E.

Don't want to butcher the GMT400 harnes at either end.

Do not require a harness, because there's only 4 wires needed to the ECM and from the ECM, or at least that's what appears to be required, I'd like to know from somebody if there's more wires from the ECM to transmission...

Have the pin out diagrams for both ECM already.

Lastly:

Is there a forum member who is familliar with using tunerpro to turn off VATS and change gear ratio's and if so please tell me who you are so we can get this done ASAP.

Want firewood before it gets -40 here and my Blazer is easier to fix with this swap than my Mark VI Big Block bearings oil pump and that's if that is all that's wrong... my Blazer engine is new and mintish. I can cut and weld the driveshaft and make an extention for the front shaft.

Anyone who has the good on this, please speak up..

If I can use the L29, I need to know ASAP so I can buy piggies.

If anyone has spare 0411 ECM, piggies, for either ECM if one or the other won't work, please email me so we can work something out.

You guys Rock!

*This post is also on Squarebody.com

Last edited: