EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads - Worth It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well do they put you through the windshield?

The rest of this week is pretty busy for me but I'll make the appointment to get everything installed sometime after next Monday. I'll definitely let everyone know what I think of them.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My square body Chevy had brakes that would, hard to believe the vortec trucks do not have better brakes even with the ABS stuff.

I noticed the same thing. Dad's vacuum boosted square bodies would lock the tires down but the 400s need hydroboost to pull that off. I think my Hawks just **** the bed as I'm starting to get some squeal. I also think the ceramics outlasted the LTS and HPS, I liked them the most of all 3 variants. But now these Raybestos have my full attention so hurry up and get them on df2x4!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
But now these Raybestos have my full attention so hurry up and get them on df2x4!

The rest of my week just cleared up so I may make the appointment a little bit sooner. I'm sure it'll be next week sometime before my mechanic can get me in though.

Hopefully whatever is making noise on the Suburban's serpentine belt doesn't cost me a ton... I think it's just the tensioner but it could be the alternator pulley.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine was a bearing in the alternator so I bought an AC Delco one, no more noise from belt.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine was a bearing in the alternator so I bought an AC Delco one, no more noise from belt.

Out of curiosity did yours seem to be louder when you first started it and/or if it was cold outside?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Check the idler pully first.... I assumed my alternator was bad due to bearings many years ago. Lets just say I have a spare alternator that I've never needed.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Check the idler pully first.... I assumed my alternator was bad due to bearings many years ago. Lets just say I have a spare alternator that I've never needed.

I was just thinking about ordering an ACDelco belt/tensioner/idler pulley kit and a new ACDelco alternator. :lol:

The belt looks OK but to be honest I can't remember how old it is. Same goes for the tensioner and idler, I'm not sure if they've ever been changed. I've been suspicious of the alternator for quite a while due to voltage fluctuation when it's cold, all my cables look fine. I guess that could be a belt slip issue although I've never heard it.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just thinking about ordering an ACDelco belt/tensioner/idler pulley kit and a new ACDelco alternator. :lol:

The belt looks OK but to be honest I can't remember how old it is. Same goes for the tensioner and idler, I'm not sure if they've ever been changed. I've been suspicious of the alternator for quite a while due to voltage fluctuation when it's cold, all my cables look fine. I guess that could be a belt slip issue although I've never heard it.

Using a 3/8 drive socket wrench you could in a matter of 5 minutes slip off the belt and spin everything by hand and figure out where it's coming from vs guessing.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Using a 3/8 socket drive wrench you could in a matter of 5 minutes slip off the belt and spin everything by hand and figure out where it's coming from vs guessing.

I may have to try this. I was concerned that the dead spot in the bearing might be hard to hear/feel without a load on it but it's worth a shot.

I was also considering trying to use a piece of hose like a ghetto mechanic's stethoscope. I should probably buy one of those too, I just looked them up and they're like $10.