Easiest Way to Remove Your Trim!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Hey guys I dunno if any of you have done this or not, great if you have cuz it saves SO much time!

When removing the trim off of your truck simply grab a hose and run hot water out of it and soak your trim. Just start on one piece hold the hot water on it for about 30 seconds (depending on hot hot your water is) and pull back on a corner of the trim. It should start peeling right off! Simultaneously pull and have the hot water on it and it will come right off! :) It also usually takes most of the adhesive with it. It seriously took about five min to remove all of the trim on my truck and my boss's truck. Then bust out your eraser wheel (crud thud, whatever you call it) to get the rest of the left over adhesive off and whalah! lol No need for wasting time with a heat gun or adhesive removers.

HOWEVER::::::::: Do NOT get in too much of a hurry as I said it only takes about 5 minutes..do NOT pull super hard on the trim or you will effff up your truck lol just let the hot water do its job!! Hope this helps someone out there :) :buffer:

Great technique, sounds like a better option to getting off the excessive residue left behind by fishing line. I used a similar approach to get trim off off my Mustang