Dumb Question Pertaining to Fuel Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkDsl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've done both.. twice dropping the tank using a motorcycle jack (yes, that indeed is cheating.. but I have the 34 gallon pontoon boat tank)... last time I just loosened the bed bolts.. and using a 2X4 on a jack, lifted the tank side to get access to the sending unit. To be honest, lifting the bed with the jack and 2X4 was so easy, I'd do it that way again if need be.

I'm lucky in that I am the original owner/buyer of my 89 K2500 (rear in my avatar).. the single greatest love of my life... and treated as such... So all my bolts and screws and what not are in almost perfect condition. Use anti-seize when you put the tank bolts back in. LMC truck sells cheap tanks and straps that are reasonably good quality. Today's gas is a corrosive toxic mess.. don't let it sit for too long.

Fuel pump is cooled by the gas.. don't drive it too often with 1/4 tank of fuel.